..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Hardcore mode on games without achievements?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I enjoy the accessibility of rewind, SS, fast forward and all, but I *do* like to play my games without these features available. It would be nice if it could be enabled without retroachievements having any achievements available. Or maybe have a "Hardcore Launch" that uses its own memcard.
I don't quite follow. All of those things you mentioned are optional, including achievements. If you don't want them, don't use them, or do.

Are you saying that you want to only have achievements available if the person isn't using any of the speeds ups in the emulator? I can guarantee there are as many out there that will want achievements with speedups enabled. And many more that will simply get around that restriction one way or another.
(12-17-2023, 10:11 AM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]Are you saying that you want to only have achievements available if the person isn't using any of the speeds ups in the emulator?

No, I'm just saying that the hardcore toggle shouldn't be limited to games that have achievements.
I don't quite like accidentally making save states or hitting one of the speed toggles. I also like to play the games As Intended, so I want the features entirely disabled while the game is launched. I don't think this is a huge ask or even unreasonable.
what about simply disabling the hotkeys if you don't want to use the features ?
(12-17-2023, 02:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]what about simply disabling the hotkeys if you don't want to use the features ?

you can't disable the UI for sstates. i already figured out how to functionally disable slo-mo/ff, but you can't disable the UI for save stating.
you can certainly opt to not use them, but i would appreciate if there was a button somewhere to put pcsx2 as a whole in "Hardcore mode" instead of relying on retroachievements for that

regardless, it's more of a peace of mind thing, and it would be cool if it created a duplicate entry using a separate memcard for an individual game, like "this game entry is in hardcore mode, you can't take it (the entry) out of hardcore mode!"

...but i just care about the basic functionality, and wish that pcsx2 didn't check for the game to actually *have* achievements before allowing you to enable it. like i said, the feature is already there, it just has a *very arbitrary* barrier to enable it. it's called "hardcore mode" for a reason.

it's just the difference between the option to "cheat" being a 2 clicks away and being entirely disabled. of course, it should be locked while a game session is active.
(12-18-2023, 08:07 AM)nerogreatestemperor Wrote: [ -> ]you can't disable the UI for sstates.
well, i just did
[Image: 1702887352-sin.png]
Quote:i already figured out how to functionally disable slo-mo/ff, but you can't disable the UI for save stating.
you can certainly opt to not use them, but i would appreciate if there was a button somewhere to put pcsx2 as a whole in "Hardcore mode" instead of relying on retroachievements for that

regardless, it's more of a peace of mind thing, and it would be cool if it created a duplicate entry using a separate memcard for an individual game, like "this game entry is in hardcore mode, you can't take it (the entry) out of hardcore mode!"

...but i just care about the basic functionality, and wish that pcsx2 didn't check for the game to actually *have* achievements before allowing you to enable it. like i said, the feature is already there, it just has a *very arbitrary* barrier to enable it. it's called "hardcore mode" for a reason.
that's how RA call this. pcsx2 devs just integrated RA api, nothing else
Having read up on what hardcore mode means on RA... The idea is... somewhat reasonable, where emulator enforces certain functionality to be disabled, even if the way you phrased the original post made no sense. Plenty of ways to still cheat around it though, so it's still an honors system at the end of the day.

IMHO put in a feature request in git, outline requirements *correctly* while referencing RA's documentation, and maybe if PCSX2 team has the time and interest to look into it.

I, personally, don't see any point in this; but others may disagree. I also don't care about achievements all that much so clearly I'm not the target audience here.