..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Fixing slowdown in Xenosaga Ep 1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm on the latest nightly, my PC isn't great, but I've been able to play the game mostly flawlessly, with just the odd minor slowdown on specific areas/cutscenes, which I'll assume is on the emulator's side and not mine, but I've just gotten to Jr.'s segment, and battles slow down quite a bit with 3 A.G.W.S on screen, for anyone familiar, I don't suppose there's any settings I could play around with that might alleviate this?
In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using, such as speed hacks or presets.
  • Your GSdx graphics settings (a picture of the settings dialog is preferred)
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
Sorry, my bad, here's my stats.

Intel Core i5 750 (2.67ghz), GTX 950, 12 gigs of ram, Windows 10 Pro 22H2
PCSX2 Nightly v1.7.5449

Only non-default setting I changed was to put the blur setting on, I'm running default otherwise, I don't know how to add a screenshot here, it said I can't post URLs, so here's an imgur link without the url : RxlNks5
I'm playing Xenosaga Ep 1 (specifically the undub version), in ISO format.

I tried changing to software renderer and it sort-of improved performance a bit on the laggy bits by about 10-15%