..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New to PCSx2. Need legal advice plz. "Really nervous"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I hope this is in the right forum to post this and I am completely new to the whole LEGAL BIOS thing etc. I have a SLIM PS2 and want to LEGALLY back up my BIOS. Etc. I DO NOT believe in DOWNLOADING any kind of BIOS that will get me into trouble. Because I'm not having my ISP come after me. if that makes sense. Please go easy on me guys. I am nervous enough as it is. T_T I have severe anxiety so sorry! I searched on these forums before so I found some posts regarding the topics awhile back about BIOS. I'm new here so nice to meet everyone! Smile I'm really friendly so I don't want anyone to think bad of me otherwise. ^_^ I don't post much on forums. I want to keep things CLEAN AND CIVIL etc. If that makes sense. I respect the rules, etc. And I am a HUGE fan of the PCSx2 TEAM! Laugh ^_^ So I apologize. I'm trying to keep this topic 100% CLEAN and POSITIVE. Smile I'm already SCARED of asking this question as it is so I'm sorry I get bad panic attacks and over think allot. Sad I am hoping. If I can LEGALLY back up my old PS2 US SLIM. Will I get into some form of any trouble??? I'm new to this so please go easy on me. Sad Our PS2 Slim is getting old so I might as well back up the BIOS anyways. Since they are becoming expensive and hard to find. If that makes sense. Plus playing on Steam Deck would be really neat. I want to get a Steam Deck bad. And is it true if I decide to buy a copy of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix "Japan Port" back it up on my PC and play it through PCSx2 will I have no issues with region lock etc? I want to play mods like Project Aqua, and Nobody May Cry, etc. And play old games again like Shadow of the Colossus, etc. Catch up with the Devil May Cry games, and God of War games etc. And can PCSx2 play PS1 games as well? I know PS2 is backwards compatible with PS1 games. So I was wondering if PCSx2 is will be the same. Thanks guys. Would appreciate any kind of help. And if I hook up a 4k cable from my GPU to my 50" 4kTV and play my back ups should I have no problems? I apologize. Sincerely. Sad Sorry if I'm over worrying too much. And will PCSx2 run better on a SSD as well? Ty. Smile

PC Specs

i7 8700k
24GB Ram
1tB SSD
1TB HDD
GTX 1660 Super
Windows 10 64bit Pro
Quote:If I can LEGALLY back up my old PS2 US SLIM. Will I get into some form of any trouble???
no. you are allowed to do so by any law since you own the ps2 you're dumping the bios from
Quote:And is it true if I decide to buy a copy of Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix "Japan Port" back it up on my PC and play it through PCSx2 will I have no issues with region lock etc?
Yes. fast boot will skip region check
Quote: I want to play mods like Project Aqua, and Nobody May Cry, etc.
You can do what you want, just keep in mind we don't provide support for mods/hacks
Quote:And can PCSx2 play PS1 games as well? I know PS2 is backwards compatible with PS1 games. So I was wondering if PCSx2 is will be the same.
badly. use a PSOne emulator like duckstation for this
Quote: And if I hook up a 4k cable from my GPU to my 50" 4kTV and play my back ups should I have no problems?
i don't see why you would
Quote: And will PCSx2 run better on a SSD as well?
a bit more, yes