..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 settings are not saved
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I had the stable 1.6 version installed and I downloaded the latest nightly and everytime I start the nightly exe I get the configuration assistant as if it was the first time I launch it.
I am able to put in my settings, start a game (code veronica x) and save/load to the memory card but i have to do it eveytime from scratch.
I noticed a few things: - I can't update from the 1.7.5497 nightly (writing failed)
                                 - I can't use save state from the slots or from the folder in Documents\PCSX2\sstates but it work fine if I save/load from another folder ( on another drive )

Pcsx2 stable 1.6 create/use the inis in Documents without trouble and the portable version crete them in it's folder so why doesn't the nightly do one of those two ?
Just tried nightly and its fine setting up by default it writes to Documents\PCSX2... Make sure you don't have any sort of explorer replacement installed.

You can always make nightly portable so it's self-contained in the directory with portable.ini . I suspect 1.7 is either being blocked by your antivirus or your user permissions somewhere, where it is located or perhaps where it's trying to write to.

The save states are not compatible between 1.7 and 1.6 (and are also occasionally not compatible between 1.7 versions).
I don't have any explorer replacement, it's a window 11 recent pc.
I think the problem come from file permissions but no matter where i put the nightly it must still fail to write to documents.
I tried changing the Documents folder from read only but it won't take.
1.6 has no trouble writng there.
I alsoo tried launching as admin but no changes.

What worked was as you said, make it portable by adding the portable.ini from the 1.6 version.

Now i can get back to blow up zombies even if I lost my save in the process ( must have erased it and the backup during tests).