..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to fix ghosting on v1.7.5+ ? (where to find HW hacks)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, noobie here.

So I recently got into emulating PS2 games. Very nice and all. I just noticed that sometimes, it gives like a double vision, abit like a ghost outline or something. Here is a screenshot that shows it clearly:
[Image: 65d28ffddd3f6-TimeSplitters_-_Future_Per...001150.png]

I have this issue not only with this game, but also with other game. When I try to google this issue, I come across something like an option to "enable HW hacks", and there you change some more settings. But on my nightly version of PCSX2, I don't have this option. How can I see this? Or better yet, how do I fix this problem?
Here are some of my settings:
[Image: 65d290c1b627e-PCSX2_settings_1.png][Image: 65d290c84a642-PCSX2_settings_2.png]

Any help is welcome!

Also, if you see some settings I got wrong, lemme know. Like I said, I'm a noobie with this stuff.

Edit: Before u ask, here are some specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700 @2.90Ghz
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
Storage: SSD (also HDD, but I dont use that to run PCSX2)

PCSX2 Version: v1.7.5564 nightly

Games I'm trying to run currently: Timesplitters Future Perfect, GTA VCS. Both ROM files.
You need to enable the Advanced Settings (Tools > Show Advanced Settings) in order for the Manual Hardware Fixes to show up. And they won't show up in the general emulator settings but per-game, so you'll have go to per-game properties page by right clicking on your game list then go to Rendering tab then check Manual Hardware Fixes.
Every game needs its own settings. It is like a law of nature. It is not the computer that needs it, but the game itself, which is why a GameDB/GameIndex file exists in the PCSX2 directory and you have to be careful with every setting you want to change yourself. And sometimes a problem cannot always be solved by changing the settings, e.g. because it is still an unknown problem and the emulator itself has to be fine-tuned by the devs. You must always keep these things in mind. Smile
Thanks! I now found how to enable HW hacks. Unfortunately, the half-pixel offset setting that I now changed made it WORSE  O_O

[Image: 65d33f4a7a862-TimeSplitters_-_Future_Per...124334.png]

Lets see if I mess with this setting abit, maybe I'm able to fix it.

EDIT: I did some more "trail and error"-ing, following various tutorials I found online. Nothing yet fixed it. I guess I just have to live with it for now, and hope that a future update of PCSX2 will fix this.

Thanks for your help so far.