..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Stick sensitivity less than 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! 
It seems to me that setting the sensitivity of the sticks does not work quite correctly. When the sensitivity is set below 100%, the stick can no longer reach full tilt. For example, this does not allow you to press the accelerator all the way in racing, or turn the steering wheel all the way Sad .

At 100% stick sensitivity, the controls in racing games are very jerky. Simulators become unplayable with such sensitivity. And by reducing it I get a limited range and also unplayability.

In version 1.6 of the emulator it was possible to adjust the sensitivity of each axis separately. And each direction of the stick separately! This partially helped to circumvent the problem. But in the new version 1.7, the sensitivity is adjusted for all sticks at once.

In general, in video games, adjusting sensitivity regulates the non-linearity of stick movement. This preserves the full range of their operation, and also adds smoothness to control.

Please tell me, is it possible to reduce the sensitivity of the sticks in this emulator without losing the range? Or adjust their sensitivity separately?  Unsure
you probably will have to tinker deadzone too
(02-27-2024, 02:33 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]you probably will have to tinker deadzone too

I removed the dead zones completely to expand the range of movement of the stick, but this did not help much.