..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 144 FPS hack?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(First I must mention, YES! My pc IS able to emulate at ludicrous speeds!) Ive seen a lot of 60 fps hacks here but my game (Speed Racer) is already capped to 60. I saw another thread where you basically have to change the games operating speed but how exactly do I do that?
You can take cheat engine, attach it to emulated process, then use speedhack to up game speed to 144 (which is something like 2.25 times). But everything will simply be 2x as fast. Why would you do this... is anyone's guess. It's basically turbo. My advice is to not bother.

The rendering engine is hard-capped internally if i recall correctly.
Nope, i want my framerate to be 144 but the game speed unaffected (nightly build you can just use a dropdown menu for speeds)

(03-18-2024, 03:20 AM)MrWizard Wrote: [ -> ]You can take cheat engine, attach it to emulated process, then use speedhack to up game speed to 144 (which is something like 2.25 times). But everything will simply be 2x as fast. Why would you do this... is anyone's guess. It's basically turbo. My advice is to not bother.

The rendering engine is hard-capped internally if i recall correctly.

what i just said above because for some reason i see no button to delete replies

"change the games operating speed" as in use a patch to change the hard cap. The game at 100% speed according to the emulator will be super slow, but only once you make the cap at 144 fps, it operates normally
I doubt it's possible.
(03-18-2024, 03:53 AM)netfi Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, i want my framerate to be 144 but the game speed unaffected (nightly build you can just use a dropdown menu for speeds)

what i just said above because for some reason i see no button to delete replies

"change the games operating speed" as in use a patch to change the hard cap. The game at 100% speed according to the emulator will be super slow, but only once you make the cap at 144 fps, it operates normally

it's a hit and miss.
Means possible with some games, impossible with others.
as said above, you can try finding the value in cheat engine if it exists