..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: using Seed hack is good thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm using speed hack for SOTC
Core i7 without it not loading this game that good.
is that good what I'm doing?
speed hacks break the game.
what do u mean "break" the game?
(05-22-2009, 08:43 PM)Emulatong Wrote: [ -> ]what do u mean "break" the game?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4254.html

it says right there "speed hacks break the game". just scroll a little down. i'm guessing, since it's a hack, it breaks the coding and makes it unplayable again. sounds nastier then action replay Wacko
Speed hacks are just that, hacks. Sometimes they work great for certain games, sometimes they crash the emulator every 5 seconds. They can mess up games in interesting ways, in God Of War 2 I remember one of them caused me to get stuck in walls on random intervals.

They are generally stable, but if you have problems the first thing you do is turn them all off and see if it still occurs.

e: They can't 'break' your game really, maybe just corrupt your savestates or something. Saved data written to the memory card should be fine.
(05-22-2009, 08:47 PM)echosierra Wrote: [ -> ]Speed hacks are just that, hacks. Sometimes they work great for certain games, sometimes they crash the emulator every 5 seconds. They can mess up games in interesting ways, in God Of War 2 I remember one of them caused me to get stuck in walls on random intervals.

They are generally stable, but if you have problems the first thing you do is turn them all off and see if it still occurs.

e: They can't 'break' your game really, maybe just corrupt your savestates or something. Saved data written to the memory card should be fine.

good, someone with more experience came to helpLaugh i was just trying to help him the best i can. i only had the baby working for 2 days XD
how the "hacks" are working?
and with SOTC it's working for me great for now.

if there was a support for quad
I didn't needed them at all,
there is OC,but I'm not going to do this.
my CPU is clocked on 2.66GHz{Core i7 920}
using a gameshark or action replay or codebreaker changs the memory of the game as it's running, these are hacks on the game. what the speedhacks do if try to modify PS2's code, to make things faster, or correct mistakes in the code that the devs might have made (worded wrong, they're doing great) gamefixes corrects some of these, speedhacks focuses on making it faster, it's all the same really. but using a codebreaker is more dangerious than using a speedhack
(05-22-2009, 08:57 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]using a gameshark or action replay or codebreaker changs the memory of the game as it's running, these are hacks on the game. what the speedhacks do if try to modify PS2's code, to make things faster, or correct mistakes in the code that the devs might have made (worded wrong, they're doing great) gamefixes corrects some of these, speedhacks focuses on making it faster, it's all the same really. but using a codebreaker is more dangerious than using a speedhack

i see, thanks for clearing that up for me.
(05-22-2009, 08:52 PM)Emulatong Wrote: [ -> ]how the "hacks" are working?
and with SOTC it's working for me great for now.

if there was a support for quad
I didn't needed them at all,
there is OC,but I'm not going to do this.
my CPU is clocked on 2.66GHz{Core i7 920}

Run in DX10 software mode and set SW render threads to 6. You should get good speeds doing that on an i7 and software mode is known for avoiding lots of bugs and glitches.
Pages: 1 2