..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PCSX2 games not loading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
To be clear, I run a Windows Vista. I downloaded PCSX2 0.9.6, although I had unsuccessfully tried to run 0.9.4 before on my Windows XP before. I spent a few hours fixing other bugs, but now I have gotten to one that is a dead end. While trying to load Kingdom Hearts 2 (U) on my laptop, again after fixing several bugs, I got the message "Can't create gslog.txt" followed by the message "gsinit error: -1", after which it crashed again, prompting Vista to once again tell me "PCSX2 0.9.6.exe is not responding. [Close Program]". I believe it may have to do with my graphics configuration.

What do I need to do to run Kingdom Hearts 2 without this error?
1. already tried running pcsx2 as administrator? if not, do so by right-clicking the executable of pcsx2 -> "run as administrator"
2. if that didn't work, provide more info: specs, versions and config of emulator/plugins
Yeah, just as zero29 said, try running as admin.
That still didn't work. The configuration menu loaded up faster, but it did nothing to fix or alter the problem in any way.
maybe is a bad selection of plugins/configuration, post those and it might be possible to help you
Did you update your directx?
Yes, I updated my DirectX. That was one of the many previous errors I had to fix. And all of my plugins after clicking test say that they should be working.
hmm what graphics plugin are you trying to run? (cuz it seems to me that your trying to load GSSoft or GSStaris (which are very old plugins that won't work on the new pcsx2, crashing it)) Smile
I'm running ZeroGS.
Post your Full Plugin configuration and your PC spec.

This probability cause by your PC hardware !
(Note: Old graphic card!)
Pages: 1 2