..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to play "Shin Megami Tensei" Games (Guide)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm actually have the same exact issue of rainbow lines showing up on the floor for persona 3. Im running core 2 quad 2.3 ghz and 9600gt so i dont think its my comp. I followed all the settings on the guide as well.
I wanted to add the results of my tinkering of frame skip of Persona 3 FES.

Frameskip in this game isn't compatible with the new VU Cycle Stealing. (at least as of version 1272). So you have to disable VU Cycle Stealing to use frameskip. The settings I use are
60 (or higher if I want to speed through certain parts)

The 8 and 3 are the ones I had to tinker with, because other settings would make it stutter or flicker. And this makes a slight frameskip that doesn't bother the eyes. You could try raising them if you wanted more, but I think that having the two numbers add up to an odd number helps.
If you have the rainbow floor, can you check to see if you're using the latest graphics plugin? It looks nice for me now using the 0.1.15 one on SSE2. Before that one came out, I used to use GSdx 868 SSE2, which had less rainbows than 890
Does anyone else have a problem where damage delt/skill cost/player HP/SP/exp gained number textures appear as what appears to be little chunks of other textures loaded in the scene? Sometimes there appears to be no numbers also.
(06-30-2009, 01:42 AM)greenhand Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else have a problem where damage delt/skill cost/player HP/SP/exp gained number textures appear as what appears to be little chunks of other textures loaded in the scene? Sometimes there appears to be no numbers also.

I'm having the same issues on my end with P3-FES. I've tinkered around with some settings and haven't seemed to find the solution to the problem. It's also notable that it doesn't always happen, and I've also noticed it sometimes in places like the post-fight experience tally. Anyone else experience these problems?
I posted a bug report about this. It has to do with the newest Graphics plugin (i thinK). I use ones from a couple of months ago and those number problems don't show up.
Hello everyone,

off: I'm a new pcsx2 user. The reason I'd like use this emulator is that recently I'm moving a lot and it's easier to carry some isos and this software then a complete ps2 system.

I made iso images with imgburn from 2 of my games, persona 3 fes and lucifer's call. I downloaded the latest pcsx2 (r1888) and set up it according to this guide in the first post.

Persona 3 works well, but I'm having some trouble with the other game (picture attached for better understanding), basically some object can be seen through walls.

I was reading these forums for some info, but couldn't really find anything.

Thanks for any help.
I believe you have to use an older version of GSDx for the second game. I can't recall off hand which version runs best, but I'd start by trying out the GSDx included in 0.9.6 (revision 890)
Gsdx r1406 was the last 'best' working for this game, either that or one of the newest SVN builds should work but you'd have to compile that one yourself, you can get GSdx r1406 from here:

http://pcsx2.dyndns.org/index.php?n=GSdx
Thanks for the quick help, the r1406 version seems to be working fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 4