..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Reducing buffer lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I wanted to put a game on my HDD from the CD, to improve load times and stop the stutter when it tries to buffer and start the CD again, what would I do? Just rip it using normal software?
(05-26-2009, 09:19 PM)J711 Wrote: [ -> ]If I wanted to put a game on my HDD from the CD, to improve load times and stop the stutter when it tries to buffer and start the CD again, what would I do? Just rip it using normal software?

You must rip it into a suitable file format, so normal software may or may not work depending on what your using. I recommend Alcohol 120%, and ripping the disc to an .ISO format. Then, mount that using Linuz ISO CDVD plugin.
(05-26-2009, 09:23 PM)Nedamir Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-26-2009, 09:19 PM)J711 Wrote: [ -> ]If I wanted to put a game on my HDD from the CD, to improve load times and stop the stutter when it tries to buffer and start the CD again, what would I do? Just rip it using normal software?

You must rip it into a suitable file format, so normal software may or may not work depending on what your using. I recommend Alcohol 120%, and ripping the disc to an .ISO format. Then, mount that using Linuz ISO CDVD plugin.

thanks