..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How can I make PCSX2 run faster.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey, i'm pretty new to this whole thing, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I've been playing Resident Evil CV and Fate Unlimited Codes and I've been experiencing major lag whenever there is more than one enemy on the screen (RE CV) and during fights (Fate). The frame rate drops to about 30fps.

[attachment=19017]

Computer Specs

64-bit OS
4GB RAM
AMD Phenom 9600 Quad-Core 2.3GHz
ATI Radeon HD 4830

When I turned on all the speed hacks and used x3 cycle rate, both games loaded at 400% and everything went really fast until the game started, then it went back to the way it normally was (with it being at 60fps until the situations mentioned above occur).

Is there anything I can do to improve and ideally optimize my speed so I can enjoy these games?
First of all try PCSX2 official beta, beta plugins and latest gsdx revision.
If this won't help, you can try to overclock your cpu a little bit.
2,3 ghz is just not enough for pcsx2.
Your CPU is too slow for pcsx2. Try overclocking it, but you won't get much better speeds, at least not in Fate U/C. Menus run speedy as hell because they're just 2D.
Your video card is probably more to blame than your CPU. I can't say anything for Phenom CPUs, but my 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo (P8400) w/ GeForce 9800M GTS gives me full speed in WWE Smackdown Here Comes the Pain. PCSX2 is getting faster, not slower.
PCSX2 is much more CPU intensive then GPU intensive though.
The Phenom's sucked compared to the C2D's.

A cheap intel C2D (Well.. it's classed as a C2D, though not an official one..) the E5200 will perform better than most, if not all first generation Phenom's.
(05-30-2009, 09:54 AM)Sythedragon Wrote: [ -> ]The Phenom's sucked compared to the C2D's.

A cheap intel C2D (Well.. it's classed as a C2D, though not an official one..) the E5200 will perform better than most, if not all first generation Phenom's.

Don't you get tired of posting stuff like "that sucked, this sucked, im so cool" without giving out any proof? This isn't a "whose processor's penis is bigger" board.
(05-30-2009, 11:17 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-30-2009, 09:54 AM)Sythedragon Wrote: [ -> ]The Phenom's sucked compared to the C2D's.

Don't you get tired of posting stuff like "that sucked, this sucked, im so cool" without giving out any proof? This isn't a "whose processor's penis is bigger" board.

Whatever you say Mr. i7 965 Tongue

Haha, I kid, I kid.
Well, I try to stay away from going around telling everyone their processor sucks Wink
(05-30-2009, 11:17 AM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]

I never said it was.. But if you read up someone state's there not clear on Phenom performance, which to be nice wasn't good.. And they were out classed by cheap C2D's..

And I've never said "I'm so cool, and I've never went "My CPU R better than the OP's"
Pages: 1 2