..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Data Execution Prevention error and Vista 64?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've been doing some reading and I've discovered that there is a problem with UAC and DEP errors in Vista 64 when trying to run a game with the emulation.

I've set the program to run in Windows XP compatibility and to run as administrator, but the program always crashes whenever I try to use the Run CD/DVD or Execute menu options.

Do I need to turn off DEP or UAC completely? I'd rather not do this, just to be safe... but is there any other way?

Thanks.
Why are you running it under XP Compatibility? Also, what version are you using?
Turn of UAC or run as administrator
(05-30-2009, 04:00 PM)nelsonz Wrote: [ -> ]Turn of UAC or run as administrator

(05-30-2009, 02:41 PM)firehawk12 Wrote: [ -> ]I've set the program to run in Windows XP compatibility and to run as administrator

He already has.

Another idea; have you tried right-clicking, and selecting Run as Administrator from the drop down menu, instead of checking the radio button inside properties.
I've tried both ways actually.
Also, I read in one of the threads here that XP compatibility might work but, it gives me a DEP whether I have it on or off.

Is there anything else I can try?
WHICH VERSION OF PCSX2?
Oh right, the newest one available on the main page - 0.9.6.
and what settings do you have?
DEP itself is not the problem. PCSX2 just crashed in a way that triggers a DEP warning.
So yeah, we need your settings, the game you're trying to play and a screeshot showing the pcsx2 console when it crashes.