..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Quick Question on some Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi, I have had this emulator like two or three times before and I have never been able to get it to work correctly... so I finally decided to post here and ask some questions. I have BIOs and all that good stuff...

I have AMD Turion™ 64 X2 Mobile
Technology TL-60
2.00GHz, 2.87 GB of RAM
Copied that stuff from bottom of the System Information...
So, I guess Dual core? Anyways...
Also I know that I have 128 video memory. Not 100% on the card stuff. But its NVIDIA and i know its 128... so can anyone help me. only game i tried to run so far was metal gear solid 3... i am going to try to run kingdom hearts tomorrow when i pick it up from a friends... can som1 tell me if i will be able to play either or both of these games, and what kind of settings to put on that will help me. i have looked up so much stuff and had 0 help. I have the 0.9.6 version. i dont know if or what REV... Much help would be greatly appreciated...
Also, some more info... With graphic plugin.. im not 100% on all the exact stuff... but something like sse2-3-4 or something... i can only run the 2 one... also pixel shader 2.0. i dont think i have 3.0.. i could be wrong... i believe thats all i know for sure... any other questions, please ask!
It's natural that you can only run the SSE2 plugin. AMD CPU's doesn't support the SSSE3 (not to be confused with SSE3), much less the SSE4.1 (not even some intel ones, so figures).
If that's the only game you have tested, try some other ones, because of what I have read in the forums, that is a really CPU and GPU intensive game. kingdom hearts should run FAR better than that
other than that, is most likely that your GPU supports PS3.0. under the GSdx config click the dropbox where says pixel shader. if you have it, it should be avaible to use
I hope it helps
Hey, thanks a lot I really appreciate the quick reply! also. i see lots of people show their settings and stuff for games... and i have xp... and i have directx 9c i think? there is no way for me to run directx10 without vista right? also, if i had a vista setup, would i have dx10 and would it make this stuff run better?
also, based on my settings, does anyone think ill be able to run final fantasy x or xii?
(05-31-2009, 05:21 AM)ScetShin Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, thanks a lot I really appreciate the quick reply! also. i see lots of people show their settings and stuff for games... and i have xp... and i have directx 9c i think? there is no way for me to run directx10 without vista right? also, if i had a vista setup, would i have dx10 and would it make this stuff run better?
well you'll be able to use dx10 if you have a dx10 compatible gpu as well Smile
but given those specs I kind of doubt it, normally the DX10-ready cards have at least 256 Mb u.u
about the FF X - XII, FFX should give you no problems, as it is one of the best games for use in emulation (don't expect too much on framerates though, you will hit 60 FPS most of the time but there will be hiccups), now FFXII is another story, since it uses a lot of the GPU. the best way to play it would be to use a low internal res so it can be fast, and even then, don't expect fullspeed. Leaving that aside, yes, both of them are 100% playable on pretty much every pc with a dual core cpu and a decent GPU
i started kingdom hearts up today, and it ran full speed great with all the speedhacks and on the sse2 thing. however, it starts to slow down when i look at the big island when i get on the island.. ill look toward the sea and its full speed, but when i turn to look at the island ( im guessing there is too much stuff ) it drops down to 60%-70%. any more tihngs i could possibly do to help with this? also, with this in mind, when i pick up a copy of FFX, how do you think my chances are?
(05-31-2009, 11:56 PM)ScetShin Wrote: [ -> ]i started kingdom hearts up today, and it ran full speed great with all the speedhacks and on the sse2 thing. however, it starts to slow down when i look at the big island when i get on the island.. ill look toward the sea and its full speed, but when i turn to look at the island ( im guessing there is too much stuff ) it drops down to 60%-70%. any more tihngs i could possibly do to help with this?
yea, that's pretty normal to happen Smile (and about FFX you might get better results Smile)
I have this emulator but it seems that it can't operate very well. I have recently installed this emulator and have 2 iso file which are winning eleven 09 - internationl league and resident evil - dead aim. Here are my pc settings:
*Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @ 2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
*1.00 GB (RAM)
*32-bit Operating System
*ATI Radeon HD 3450 (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.1) Graphics/Its video memory is 256mb

I also have pcsx2 Playground. I hear that it is a much later version of pcsx2 original version. If someone knows its... you know settings hope that you will email me the settings.

Email ID: [email protected]

PS: My computer has windows 7(ultimate) which is the latest version of windows. It is still not complete, so i am thinking that maybe the emulator is not for windows 7. If anyone has a suggestion please inform me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4