..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: MGS3: Subsistence Settings Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay I'm a complete n00b when it comes to PCSX2, so let's discuss the basics of getting MGS3 Subsistence running at a somewhat acceptable frame rate (if at all possible given the hardware).

Here's what I'm working with:

Intel Core2 Quad 2.33GHZ
4GB DDR2 pc 6400 RAM
GeForce9800 GTX 512MB GDDR3
WinXP32 SP3 w/ DX9c(latest)
Both a hard copy (slightly scratched and old) and ISO of MGS3 Subsitence disks 1 and 2
My trusty USB wired XBox360 controller.
PCSX2 v.0.9.6

Thus far it seems like no matter what I do I get the same results - very smooth menu screen but as soon as the opening cinematic starts the frame rate will switch wildly from 60FPS down to as low as 20 FPS depending, it would seem, on what exactly the camera is looking at (gets lowest looking at snake's cigar for some reason).

I know jack ***** about configuring all the plugins or what other plugins/patches not bundled with the v0.9.6 download might do for me - I also haven't got a clue what the difference between SSE[x] and SSSE[x] is, but don't seem to get much difference switching between 'em.
use the latest beta, and try some speedhacks to boost speed
(06-03-2009, 02:06 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]try some speedhacks to boost speed

Could you be a bit more specific? I don't know of any speed hacks, like I said I'm a real n00b at this PCSX2 thing. If it ain't on the main configuration screen I know roughly jack about it.
configure > speedhacks

you'll see a list of them
(06-03-2009, 02:25 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]configure > speedhacks

you'll see a list of them

Oh I see! Thanks. Busy at the moment compressing the ISO of Disk1 with linuz ISO CDVD 0.9.0 . . . I don't know why - I was just poking at settings and was like "Oh well that's something I guess".
Blah after much fiddling I just can't seem to get it to run at an acceptable frame rate - slows down quite a bit durring cut scenes but once in game it seems to run at about 40FPS consistently and has a lot of fun flashy jittery errors with various speed hacks.