..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: New, but getting error no matter what
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys. I've been looking through the guides and FAQs, hoping I could figure this out on my own. I guess I can't.

When i start up PCSX2 0.9.6, it tells me it needs to be configured. I configure it, as per the guide, but when I hit Ok, it tells me something about bad allocation, and posts everything in the emulog.txt

Here's what's in there:
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
CPU speed = 2.263 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0008e3fd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

CDVD Plugin CDVDbin.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDiso.dll: Version 3 != 5
CDVD Plugin CDVDnull.dll: Version 3 != 5
SPU2 Plugin SPU2null.dll: Version 4 != 5
Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>

NOTE: I can overclock the CPU to 2.5 GHz each, and this is on Vista 64 bit with 4 gigs of RAM, and a 9800 GS graphics card.
2 things, first is make sure you update your plugins, not just the main exe. Also run it as administrator
I do run it as an admin, and can you give me a list of what plugins to use? I'll get them myself, just a list of general stuff to run most games.

(Actually looking to run Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, Armored Core, and Capcom vs Marvel 2)
You should wipe your plugin directory and use the plugins from the 0.9.6 pack only,downloaded from our site. The console reports several very outdated plugins that could be causing problems
Alright. That worked, thanks, Bositman. But I popped in my Marvel vs Capcom 2 DVD game into my DVD drive, and it crashes. Here's the emulog.txt:

PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = 6
x86Family = Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz
CPU speed = 2.263 Ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0008e3fd
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Detected SSE4.1

Plugin load failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll
Plugin load failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2\plugins\ZeroGS.dll
Plugin load failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pcsx2\plugins\ZeroGS.dll
Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 1.60

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff

NOTE: The 2nd and 3rd plugin failures are me setting the plugin directory and root directory.
Have you updated your directx with the web installer ?
Yup. I got Marvel Vs Capcom 2 to work, just the sprites and the animation look a bit choppy. Any idea what would cause that?
Filtering in gsdx or a resolution other than native in GSdx again..if you're talking about pixelated characters etc,that's how the game actually looks Tongue
Does anyone know if Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner would work with PCSX2 0.9.6 and my setup? I don't wanna spend 20 bucks on it and it doesn't work.

Setup:
Intel Centrino 2 @2.26 GHz each, OC to 2.5 Ghz.
nVidia 9800 GS Graphics Card with 512 MB of RAM.
4 GB of Dual Channel RAM
(06-07-2009, 04:34 PM)eSilence Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know if Zone of the Enders 2: The Second Runner would work with PCSX2 0.9.6 and my setup? I don't wanna spend 20 bucks on it and it doesn't work.

Setup:
Intel Centrino 2 @2.26 GHz each, OC to 2.5 Ghz.
nVidia 9800 GS Graphics Card with 512 MB of RAM.
4 GB of Dual Channel RAM

Yeah, I got ZoE2:TSR to work, but the sound is lagging. I played with some settings, and now the sound -and- video lag. Anyway someone could help me?