..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: best speed possible with...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi all!

I want to know what kind of speeds I can get, playing the game "Dragon Ball Z Budukai 3" and "Rurouni Kenshin Enjou! Kyoto Rinne" using this emulator. My pc have:

4 Gigahz Ram DDR3
Quadcore 6.600
Motherboard Asus p5e64ws evolution
Ati radeon 4870

Using XP professional + direct x 9.c.

Also, should I try to use speedhacks or the normal emulation is enough?

PS: Rurouni Kenshin is a japan only game, I have buyed a japanese ps2 during my Erasmus time just to play the game.
You will have great speed with alittle bit of speed hacks and agreater performance if you changed your OS to Vista or 7 with DX10 @ about 60 to 70 fps
(06-08-2009, 05:55 PM)yeyoo Wrote: [ -> ]You will have great speed with alittle bit of speed hacks and agreater performance if you changed your OS to Vista or 7 with DX10 @ about 60 to 70 fps

Thank you for this, maybe I will try to use vista. Any more opinions guys?
quad at 6.6 is hard to believe, what's 1 core's speed?
prolly a Core 2 Q6600
2.4Ghz default clock his cpu unless he did overclock it. This game is working with vucycle stealing but not gain more fps with speedhacks, only little bit.
didn't find a general PCSX2 Q&A thread, so asking here .. does having x86/x64 OS make a big difference for PCSX2 ? I heard x64 is noticeably better for Dolphin, but not sure about PCSX2 .. I know DX10 is a bit better then DX9, but what about x86/x64 ?
No,there is no 64bit build of PCSX2 so it makes 0 difference.
(06-09-2009, 09:41 AM)Dispel Wrote: [ -> ]didn't find a general PCSX2 Q&A thread, so asking here .. does having x86/x64 OS make a big difference for PCSX2 ? I heard x64 is noticeably better for Dolphin, but not sure about PCSX2 .. I know DX10 is a bit better then DX9, but what about x86/x64 ?

There is no x64 based coding for PCSX2, so there would be no benefit.
aaah ty .. but PCSX2 will work the same on a x64 OS, right ? no known additional troubleshooting compared to x86 ?
Pages: 1 2