..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Help needed PCSX2 (2.0.9.6)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi and first of all thanks for the great application.

i've read so many articles about running FFXII on PCSX2.0.9.6 with 60FPS, i've tried it too but i cant get it more than 7 FPS, the videos, intros, menus are working fine but when the actual game start it drops to 7. plz help me out i'm really dying to play it.

My configuration of System is this

iMac 2006 Running Windows BootCamp

Windows XP
Application: PCSX2.0.9.6
Intel Core2 Duo 2.0 GHZ
2 GB Ram
ATI X1600 Graphic Card

thanks in advance
You graphics card is pretty weak for FFXII, which is one of the game that uses more GPU than CPU, so that's why you are getting the lower frame rates.

What version of PCSX2 are you using and what's your plugin setup?
Did you by any chance chose "renderer: software" in GSdx or did you enable filtering/aa in ZeroGS? maybe disabled some option in the pcsx2 cpu settings? please try following the pcsx2 configuration guide.
Thanks for the replies, i really appreciate it. Before i posted a response i read that Configuration Guide, and i tried so many configuration of entire plugin's, and i got a pretty good success in ZeroGs graphic display non of GSDX is working on my computer.

In ZeroGs Plugin things are working pretty much fine but got some issues with Sound and when sound got configured the graphics become glitches when i try graphic solution than sound got glitches n jaggy and when both works fine than it becomes 14FPS Smile

well about my Configuration of Plugins i've used GSdx but it aint work only ZeroGs, for Sound i've used SPU2-X, ZeroSPU2, PeopsSPU2.

problems problems problems Smile but i think this PS2 Emulator wont run smooth like i played on PS2 Am i right ? is this is the same Replica of PS2 or it will leave some software glitches ? million dollar question Smile
what exactly happens when you try run the game with gsdx as the gfx plugin?

(06-15-2009, 07:12 AM)faisaljasnak Wrote: [ -> ]...
problems problems problems Smile but i think this PS2 Emulator wont run smooth like i played on PS2 Am i right ? is this is the same Replica of PS2 or it will leave some software glitches ? million dollar question Smile

not with your rig. but with the right hardware it will run even smoother and better looking than the orginal Wink an emulator will never be an exact replica of the original system, but i think eventually all games will be upgraded to playable status. to eliminate all issues and workarounds is probably impossible.
(06-15-2009, 09:11 AM)zero29 Wrote: [ -> ]what exactly happens when you try run the game with gsdx as the gfx plugin?

well actually with gsdx it movie runs smoothly and when it enter to actuall game even the main Final Fantasy Begin Tab it starts lowering down the FPS around 14 than on the starts when Bash talks to Reks than FPS Goes to 5 or 9.

on ZeroGs it runs faster like i said before.

(06-15-2009, 07:12 AM)faisaljasnak Wrote: [ -> ]problems problems problems Smile but i think this PS2 Emulator wont run smooth like i played on PS2 Am i right ? is this is the same Replica of PS2 or it will leave some software glitches ? million dollar question Smile

not with your rig. but with the right hardware it will run even smoother and better looking than the orginal Wink an emulator will never be an exact replica of the original system, but i think eventually all games will be upgraded to playable status. to eliminate all issues and workarounds is probably impossible.

thanks for the emulator headsup and Salute with the configuration you have in your signature but i do have a powerful computer which is iMac not the PC THING Tongue kidding Smile I usually play The Last Remnant, Wolverine, Gears of War etc. at Full resolution. So its not that much weak system i guess ? wat say you ?

gracias
(06-15-2009, 11:07 AM)faisaljasnak Wrote: [ -> ]well actually with gsdx it movie runs smoothly and when it enter to actuall game even the main Final Fantasy Begin Tab it starts lowering down the FPS around 14 than on the starts when Bash talks to Reks than FPS Goes to 5 or 9.

on ZeroGs it runs faster like i said before.

this could be the infamous "ati texture bottleneck", one of the devs confirmed the ff12 intro/tutorial as one of the games suffering from this ati specific slowdown. try the latest gsdx beta from this forum, it might help. but don't expect wonders for your fps Laugh

(06-15-2009, 07:12 AM)faisaljasnak Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the emulator headsup and Salute with the configuration you have in your signature but i do have a powerful computer which is iMac not the PC THING Tongue kidding Smile I usually play The Last Remnant, Wolverine, Gears of War etc. at Full resolution. So its not that much weak system i guess ? wat say you ?

gracias

yeah, i didn't mean that your system is useless Wink , but ps2 emulation is a performance and especially cpu hungry monster, even my system is unable to achieve steady 60 fps on some of the more demanding games like mgs3 or sotc. and the comparison between pc games and emulated games is a common misconception: games like crysis are written for your specific system to use the full potential of your hardware, but emulation has to translate the instructions of the ps2 game into something your pc is able to execute. this process is very demanding, personal computers were just never designed to play ps2 games. to execute a single instruction of a ps2 game it might need e.g. 10 or more instructions on your cpu, and in addition to that the ps2 has got several chips that need to be emulated and synchronized at the same time. your system is absolutely not weak, it's just not the greatest for pcsx2 Tongue
Oh maaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!

cant believe it after dowloading Gsdx as you said from here
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html
my computer "keeps telling me to tell you" that still MAC WINS Tongue hehehehe, well i got success running it with above link Gsdx plugin it works fine gives me awesome output+pretty graphic when crowd comes it become 25FPS but it worth playing, normally i'm getting good frame rate around 47 thats good news Smile

So anything else you can help me with coz i cant stop myself to get the highest FPS possible Laugh
good to hear another verification for the elimination of this dreaded ati slowdown. after updating your pcsx2 and plugins to the latest beta revisions your only options for a noticable speed increase are overclocking and the speed hacks. especially the "vu cycle stealing" could help, but don't set it to more than "moderate". for a probably slight improvement goto "config->advanced options" and set "round mode" to "nearest" and "clamp mode" to "none" or "normal". but keep in mind that these settings might lead in some games to "walking through walls", "falling through the floor" and other glitches.

btw, where is your mac, if you run microsoft windows on intel/ati hardware? Tongue just kidding Wink
Yeah its working more smoothy... i'm very thankful to you to help me out in here. OK one thing more i didn't updated the PCSX2 i just copy pasted the plugins from the link and replaced it with the new one. Things working quite smoothie now.

Well about the mac vs pc thingy, Actually I'm playing FFXII right now with lots n lots of your help and i can still open up Photoshop and illustrator on the fly Tongue

thanks for the great support.
Pages: 1 2