..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: I give up!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there first of all thanks for reading this.

Now to the subject.

The Emulator works fine, i can start almost every game and it runs.
Now , my problem is i get an average of 60FPS ( over 100 actually but i limit them).

However on some crowded locations (ingame) my frames drop to 35-40 FPS.
Im sure youll say "What the hell 30 or 40 FPS is awesome for a crowded game area", yes it is but i dont get those 40 FPS. ( its showing those 40FPS in that info bar at the top )

If i had to guess id say i get only 15 or 20 FPS, the sound becomes really slow too.

So if anyone has an idea on how to fix this, id be very happy!

System:

CPU: Core 2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33Ghz 2.33Ghz
RAM: 4GB ( forgot the manufacturer but they were pretty expensive)
GFX: nVidia GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3
dont give up, try overclock your CPU and see if there are improvements.

*am i write what i mean correctly? 'there are improvements'?
Try lowering the VU Cycle Stealing speedhack, in the highest level the emulator show wrong fps, because of skiping I think.
(06-14-2009, 06:34 AM)ardhi Wrote: [ -> ]dont give up, try overclock your CPU and see if there are improvements.

*am i write what i mean correctly? 'there are improvements'?

I don't think that its because of my CPU.
I used to play PS2 games with PCSX 2 and i never had that problem before.
Could Vista be the cause of this?
Since i had XP before.
erm, do you think that your problem has something to do with a specific plugin? cause if not, then this thread belongs into the general discussion and support area of this forum Wink

but back to the topic: what games did you try? and do you use speedhacks and frame skipping? btw, vista should be considerably faster with it's dx10 support, especially the complex scenes gain a huge fps boost on my system.

(06-14-2009, 06:18 AM)raidou2k Wrote: [ -> ]...
RAM: 4GB ( forgot the manufacturer but they were pretty expensive)

Laugh
If you have any speedhacks enabled try disabling them and see if any is causing the different fps @ actual speed thing, then it's just a matter of enabling the ones that dont cause that. If you are not using speedhacks then i dont have any idea Tongue2
Hmm ill give the speed hacks a try.

As for the Games;

Shin Megami Tensei , FFXII FFX and so on.

EDIT:

I just used DX9 Mode (software) and even though it still got a bit slow it was faster than the (hardware) mode of GSdx.
so you are using speedhacks?
I tried it with them and without, i also tried a ***load of combinations.

I still get those laggy moments ingame even though my FPS are saying 50-60 FPS.
maybe you use frameskip?

turn it off.
Pages: 1 2