..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Pcsx2 crash @ Final Fantasy X beginning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
At the beginning of the game after you get control of Tidus and meet Auron, Auron is say "Look!" and the game crashes. Sad
I read lot about this problem and i know it is i still unsolved - so i would like to ask, if someone can upload for me a savestate, or memcard image with save after first battle.(unless there is another solution to pass this moment in game without seeing error messageSmile I have orginal FFX us/ntsc, and i use newest pcsx2 (0.9.6) with all newest plugins. Much thanks
Soory for my crappy english.

My computer:
AMD phenom x3 8400+, 2 gb ddr2, ECS GeForce 8100VM-M5 motherboard, geforce 8800 GS
Have you tried the newest PCSX2 beta maybe you'll get lucky and it solves it, other than that try changing your cdvd plugin or making/remaking a ISO of the game.
Yes i try the pcsx2 beta 1329 with all new beta plugins. Still without success. I also try to create image of the dvd couple times with diffrent programs and i even download one from the torrent. Every time the same effect - Auron say "look" - and game crashes...:/ So the only thing, coming into my mind is to use savestate/memcard after this moment. There is plenty of savegames in the internet, but they all have "upgraded" statistics and you start the game with 9999hp :/ So if someone can help me please? I would appreciate it very much.
did he just say "jehova"? Laugh
uhm, maybe try going in to the "config > advanced" and set the round modes to nearest/negative or just change them to see if they work, problem with this crash is even after you get past it with a savegame it'll probably crash later on. I think however this crash happen mostly cause of wrong disc read so try making the iso with another program maybe.
Thanks, shadowlady but i try also change all options in "advanced" and "speedhack". Do you know if this error might happen as well on the pal version? becase in my desperation i thinking about buying FFX pal on ebay...

"...try making the iso with another program maybe." - is there any specific program on your mind?
ImgBurn works great for me, others use Alcohol, others UltraISO...
Nero (.nrg) work perfect for me either.
Ok - if someone else have the same problem - here's the solution: FFX pal (european version) instead of NTSC. I rip the game using alcohol from orginal cd and it's work, finally Smile
I had this problem too and I too extract the image from my the FFX disc. For me, wen i use magic iso as a virtual drive, I always crash at the "look" part but when i tried other virtual drives such as those from alcohol 120 or daemon tools, it worked fine. So my suggestion is try using different programs for the virtual drives. I hope this helps and good luck with everything.