..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Compatability Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

PCSX2 (0.9.6) is a helpful tool when your PS2 On/Off button brakes, but I can't get it to run fast enough. The fastest game that I run is Thrillville and Cars (my brothers game) at 25-35 FPS. All my other games run at 5 FPSSad. The menus are fine for most games so it must be my computer...

Specs of my computer (I added some stuff to show offSmile):

Computer: Dell Inspiron 350
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad (Q6600) @ 2.40 GHz (Up to SSSE3)
RAM: 4 Gigabytes DDR2 @ Unknown Speed
Graphics Card: Nividia GeForce 8500 GT @ 1.0 Gigabyte (Independent)
Graphics Card Bus Type: PCI-e
Hard Drive: 320 Gigabytes Seirial ATA @ 7200 RPM
Motherboard: Dell 0FM586
Motherboard Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31

Can you please tell me what in PCSX2 I should Config. or what is not good about my computer (don't say overclock my CPU, I don't want to, but if so please state the speed).

Thanks!
depends ont he game...

Your cpu's a bit weak, your gpu too.

Enalbe native res in gsdx and use all speedhacks you can. It may help.
What should be the Specs for most games?
Cpu dual core 3.6 Ghz. GPU 512 Mo, I guess.
(06-20-2009, 04:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: [ -> ]Cpu dual core 3.6 Ghz. GPU 512 Mo, I guess.

My Graphics card has 1 Gigabyte (1024 Megabytes)
Enable some speedhacks, with that config you should be well able to run Kingdom Hearts 1 atleast.
doesn't matter having 1gb when graphic is weak, even with extreme graphic card only with pc games with massive textures it matters, don't know about pcsx2 i think it might make no difference between 512mb and 1gb, if i am not mistaken the minimal recommended graphic card is a 8600 or 2600, they are pretty close to each other but 8600 sucks because it was at least 30€ more expensive than 2600 at that time.