..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Monster Hunter Freezes at Intro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am a new user to PcSX2 and I seem to be encountering a problem with Monster Hunter. I ripped my copy to an ISO and copied it to my PC. Then I load that into the Emu. Everything is running just fine, the game reads from my image, the graphics is a reasonable frame rate...then it gets to the intro. It goes about 3 seconds into it, about long enough to see the pack of Apanoth running across some plains, then it freezes. It freezes at the same spot every time too. I can't seem to skip the intro either, no matter how much I mash the start button. My system specs are entailed in the first image, then the 2nd image is the point where the game freezes.
[attachment=19551][attachment=19552]

and here is my .ini showing which plugins I am using.

[Interface]
Bios=PS2 Bios 30004R V6 Pal.bin
Lang=en_US
PluginsDir=C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\plugins\
BiosDir=C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\bios\
Ps2Out=1
ThPriority=0
Mcd1=C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\memcards\Mcd001.ps2
Mcd2=C:\Program Files\Pcsx2\memcards\Mcd002.ps2
[Plugins]
GS=GSdx9.dll
SPU2=spu2PeopsSound.dll
CDVD=CDVDisolinuz.dll
PAD1=PADwin.dll
PAD2=PadSSSPSX.dll
DEV9=DEV9null.dll
USB=USBnull.dll
FW=FWnull.dll
[Cpu Options]
Cpu=0
Vurec=0
Regcache=0
SafeCnts=0
InterlaceHack=0
SPU2Hack=0
Multithreading=0
GSMulti=0
Options=498
[Misc]
Patch=1
PadHack=0
varLog=0

Any idea why the game is freezing? It does the same thing when I run from the actual DVD too. the compatibility list says this game is supported though, so it has to be something wrong with my configuration. Please help me if possible.
Just a hunch, but what version of the emu are you using?
Make sure you use pcsx2 and plugins from at least the 0.9.6 release.
I am using 0.9.1. I will give 0.9.6 a try, then post some results.

Edit:
So, I got the newest version, at first it kept crashing, but once I messed with the plugins a bit I eventually got it working flawlessly. Sadly, I am only getting around 30Fps. I will have to probably get something better than my onboard graphics accelerator.

But hell, fighting a Rathalos at 30 FPS might be easier haha. Thanks for the assistance.
You're welcome Smile