..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX low fps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm new and I've been trying to play the FFX PAL version but my fps is stuck at about 14-15. I've tried using the current version and the current beta version. The speedhacks don't seem to really change the fps for me, I don't know why. Is there any way to raise it up?

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.40 GHz
RAM:1.5 GB
DX: DirectX 10
Display: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

Current Configuration:
GSdx 1442 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0. 1.15 (Using Direct3D9 (Hardware) because when I try to use Direct3D10 it says "The GS plugin failed to open/initialize" even though I've updated my directX and my GSdx)

GIgaherz's CDVD Plugin 0. 7.0

Bios: USA v01.60

Frame limiting is on normal and clamp modes are on none. I currently have the EE Sync Hacks on x2 cycle rate, all the EE Misc hacks are on and the VU cycle stealing is on middle.

Sorry for the trouble and thanks in advance. I've tried looking at current posts on FFX but I still can't get my fps up. Is it because of my computer?
Your computer is very weak for PS2 emulation.
you are probably heavily limited by your gpu, especially when all speed hacks seems to have no effect on your fps. how's your fps, if you switch to software mode with F9? oh, and your gpu doesn't support dx10.
Probably its your computer if i am not mistaken that a 1 core processor, vista with less 2gb, your graphic doesn't support dx10 i am kind surprise that support the last dx9 that came out.
Oh ok, and thank you. In software mode it's about 13-14. Sorry for taking up your time. I'm not very good with computers so I didn't know mine was THAT bad, lol.
It's not that your computer is bad, it's just a few generations behind.
(06-28-2009, 11:42 PM)Hibanai Wrote: [ -> ]Oh ok, and thank you. In software mode it's about 13-14. Sorry for taking up your time. I'm not very good with computers so I didn't know mine was THAT bad, lol.

if the software mode is almost as fast or even faster than hardware mode, then your gpu is the main bottleneck. but i also doubt that a gpu upgrade alone would make your games playable, sorry Wink
You need at least a dual core and standalone GPU.
From what I see, your a single core and use onboard GPU.

There is nothing we can help, yours is totally hardware limitation.
You shouldn't install vista with that spec too, Vista itself already eat up tons of resources. So I suggest you install windows XP instead.

You can also upgrade to windows 7, but since it is new, there will be bugs so ya...at your own decision.
the problem is that that video card is really bad, and from what I have read even worse than some intel integrated Dx!
your best shot will be or playing it in software mode or trying to get a new gpu
Ah, thank you. I didn't understand any of the tech speak really, but I think I understand that my computer will be epic fail with the pcsx2, lol. Thanks and sorry for taking up your time Laugh