..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: jak and daxter save file
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i beat jak and daxter the precursor legacy 100% today, if anyone is interested i have the memory card file right here.

took me quite a few hours to get that, it's the first game i've completed on the emulator so i'm pretty proud of that.
Did you have any graphical errors? Which version were you using?

Whenever I try all the characters eyes are completely black, which is incredibly annoying.
i personally love the whole black eye thing, it just looks so funny. i found it strange though, i'm able to play jak 1,2 and 3 on the emulator and the eye problem is pretty much the same every time. for some reason jak's left eye is always rendered (but it's static), in the second it's pretty much the same thing and in jak 3 everybodies left eye is rendered.

anyways since this was jak 1 and it didn't require TOO much in terms of graphics i was able to play it in software mode. software mode made it so that the only real graphical glitches were the shadows and grainy textures when a character would get too far away from the player. the eye rendering issue is gone aswell.
jak 2 and 3 though i have to play in hardware mode because software mode runs at around 80%, which i think is unplayable.

oh yeah, also with jak 1 i always got this shakey camera whenever i looked at anything that wasn't a corner. i know it wasn't because of a slowdown because if i unlock the framerate i would get about 130fps throughout, it must be something wrong with the game engine not liking the emulator or something. so yeah, hardware and software mode had the same problem with the shakey cam.

i've attached some screens. the only part that i screenshoted it was after the final boss (because i don't feel like backtracking through the game). it's pretty obvious which ones are the hardware and which ones are the software.

EDIT: oh yeah i forgot to mention which version, it's the 1474 beta, i got pretty much the same performance out of the 1329 beta though.
Cool, thanks for the tip about software mode (hopefully my rig can handle it). I noticed the shaking as well, and using a different interlace thingy with F5 seemed to do the trick. The only other problem I had is that the graphics don't look as sharp as I remember on the PS2, but that might just be in my head.
well keep in mind, it is a launch title so you probably remember it being better than it actually was (as did i).

if you want really nice visuals though jak 2 and 3 look really good on that emulator with the resolution turned all the way up. there are still a lot of graphical errors but i think they will be fixed shortly