..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Another FFX Issue.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Before I start I would like to say I have brought this game, its not downloaded.

Now that is said, here is my issue.

I have been playing FFX for about 60 hours, done loads of things and now I'm ready to be picked up by Cid in the airship after beating Lady Yunalesca in Zanarkand. I walk about outside waiting for the "call" from Cid but pcsx2 freezes everytime i get the call. It does give an error (Screen Shot below) and then...freezes and Tidus wont move. IT does not give an "pcsx2 has encountered an error and needs to close"

I have tried to rip the ISO from the DVD just in case but that has not worked. I have tried hte BETA version of pcsx2 but that has not worked either.

I have tweeked many options but none seem to work.

Here is a screen grab of where he freezes, and my spec of my machine. I have left him here overnight just to see if it was taking a while to load but nothing happened.

Where the freeze happens:
[Image: TidusFreeze.jpg]

My Spec:
[Image: Spec.jpg]

The error message:
[Image: Error.jpg]

Any Help would really be appriciated as I'm just getting to the fun part of getting all the hard aeons and the legendary weapons.

Thanks!
M
got any speedhacks on? if not what i did once was change the plugins till you get past the part then change back not sure if that would work for you tho
try running this one part with the null sound plug in...I had a freeze in Grandia 3 and i figured out that none of the sound plugins liked the sound that was about to start. It's been a while, but I think that there was a music change before Cid. Worth a shot reguardless.
Thanks for the replies.

I have played with all of the settings and it still freezes at the same point.

Very annoying. I have uploaded my save state and would really appriciate if someone could just get past that bit and then re-save it i would really, really appriciate it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/257183913/A39517AB.rar.html - RELEASE SAVE

http://rapidshare.com/files/257183237/A39517AB.rar.html - BETA SAVE

Thanks,
M
Are you using cheats/speedhacks of any kind? try disabling them if you are.

Try changing the options from "config > advanced" or the cpu ones (you can try disabling EE rec or enabling microVU for example even if it's very slow passing that scene then saving could do) or try changing the Sound plugin and Graphics one or running GSdx in software mode.

Also I couldnt try that savestate would be better if you uploaded the memory card save instead.
Hey Shadow Lady,

I have tried all of your options you mentioned and none of them got past that issue. Its really strange.

Here is my memcard uploaded.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GOHEL4LG

Thank you VERY much if you are able to get past this very annoying part.

M
Dont worry about this now.

I was a bit naughty and downloaded a copy of the game and it worked fine to get me past that bit. guess my game was scratched.

Thank you for all your help Smile

M
Same thing happened with me as well
My game hung at the exact point as yours
Well I exported the last save to my ps2 and saved it back to pcsx2 memcard to get past this Smile
(07-19-2009, 10:39 PM)Milan0 Wrote: [ -> ]Dont worry about this now.

I was a bit naughty and downloaded a copy of the game and it worked fine to get me past that bit. guess my game was scratched.

Thank you for all your help Smile

M

youre welcome. dont worry about support, you have a warning now Smile