..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Graphics problems in many games-good computer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After searching the forums for hours, trying many different plugins, and even upgrading my mobo, ram, and processor, graphics problem still persists. Guess it's time to ask for help.

PC specs:
Asus P5N-D motherboard
4 Gigs DDR2 800 Ram
Intel core 2 quad 2.88Ghtz
Nvidia GeForce 7950GT

The problem appears in many games, most notably Suikoden V and GOW at the moment. in Suikoden V eyelids are not rendered along with other various polygons not being rendered, (some clothing being invisible and allowing the polygons behind it to show up sporadically) and in GOW with the smoke texture appearing in front of walls making the game almost unplayable. i'm including a screen shot of what im talking about.

I had the same problem with my old dual core 2.14Ghtz and 2 gigs of ddr2

Plugins:
since im using a quad core im running GSdx 1479 (MSVC 15.00 SSE41) 0.1.15 with default settings, NATIVE rez, shader 2.0, DX9 (hardware)
and all other plugins which are recommended from the plugin guide on the forums.

[attachment=20020] SS of "fog" problem in GOW along with system specs
I know this will probably not be what you want to hear, but your video card is a tad weak for pcsx2. 8600gt or better is a good baseline for what will support pcsx2. Also, try upgrading to the latest beta.
Some of those errors are fixed enabling "logarithmic Z" in GSdx or running in DX10 mode which you cant at the moment, it seems DX9 just isnt good enough to render stuff properly unless you try the software mode so you could give it a try. The GOW problem is emulation error aI think and you're have to try different GSdx versions maybe one will help you, try searching in the forums for one of the guides for this game to get better settings.