..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: How to improve performance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now im trying to get the best performance out of my computer and help to what configuration i should use or secrets anyone has. ive used the guide but it doesnt tell everything here r my specs:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/23/2009, 21:23:08
Machine name: RUBEN-PC
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD
System Model: MS-7519
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.16GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 8190MB RAM
Page File: 1487MB used, 15127MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0615&SUBSYS_11503842&REV_A2
Display Memory: 4080 MB
Dedicated Memory: 497 MB
Shared Memory: 3582 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (61Hz)
Monitor: Hanns.G HI221 D-sub
Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver Version: 8.15.0011.8618 (English)
DDI Version: 10
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/10/2009 06:03:00, 9466880 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4555-11CF-587A-5B3102C2C535}
Vendor ID: 0x10DE
Device ID: 0x0615
SubSys ID: 0x11503842
Revision ID: 0x00A2
Revision ID: 0x00A2
DDraw Status: Enabled
D3D Status: Enabled
AGP Status: Enabled
CPU and GPU are awesome. I don't think pcsx2 uses GPU as much as just PC games. If your system is OEM, that would suck because you can't overclock the CPU. If you OC, you probably can get that thing @ least 4.0 GHz enabling you to play most games smoothly.

Other than that, just DL the latest pcsx2 client and update plugins. Trial and Error settings such as speed hacks, etc....
(07-24-2009, 04:03 AM)crimsQn Wrote: [ -> ]CPU and GPU are awesome. I don't think pcsx2 uses GPU as much as just PC games. If your system is OEM, that would suck because you can't overclock the CPU. If you OC, you probably can get that thing @ least 4.0 GHz enabling you to play most games smoothly.

Other than that, just DL the latest pcsx2 client and update plugins. Trial and Error settings such as speed hacks, etc....

yeah brand new computer Smile bought it from cyber power pc. great website and im not even getting paid to say that. it came with overclocking tools with it but i dont need it much for most games ty anyway ill try speed hack

ty very much! o just use dthe speed hax x3 for shadow of colossus and works perfectly smooth ty Smile
You probably could get away with no speed hacks with a little overclocking. Your system is quite the powerhouse.
(07-24-2009, 05:03 AM)nasageek Wrote: [ -> ]You probably could get away with no speed hacks with a little overclocking. Your system is quite the powerhouse.

yeah but i dont think its my system i think the emulator slows me down. im running with almost 100 fps constantly but still its like laggy lol idk how to explain it. and when i try to lmit fps it just makes it too slow. sorrta dissapointed i thought i would be able to run shadow of the colossus no problem
Care to share your settings? Why would you want 100fps anyways; it'd be too fast for me.
Shadow of the Colossus runs pretty badly for everyone. It's one of the most demanding games as it really maxes out the PS2's capabilities.

Also, the FPS counter in the bar of the menus is not reliable. SotC also has a built in frameskipping mechanism, so while the game will be running at full speed, it will feel choppy and start to look more like a slide show. This should only happen during either very intensive scenes during the battles, or when you are viewing a large, open landscape with the lighting bloom features at full effect. Those seem to be the biggest causes of slowdown from my playing experience with that game.
(07-24-2009, 05:15 AM)nasageek Wrote: [ -> ]Care to share your settings? Why would you want 100fps anyways; it'd be too fast for me.

ive got the 3x speed hack also thats about it
(07-24-2009, 05:17 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]Shadow of the Colossus runs pretty badly for everyone. It's one of the most demanding games as it really maxes out the PS2's capabilities.

Also, the FPS counter in the bar of the menus is not reliable. SotC also has a built in frameskipping mechanism, so while the game will be running at full speed, it will feel choppy and start to look more like a slide show. This should only happen during either very intensive scenes during the battles, or when you are viewing a large, open landscape with the lighting bloom features at full effect. Those seem to be the biggest causes of slowdown from my playing experience with that game.

exactly whats happened to me. when u have to do the light thing u can barely see and when u see the vast landscape. most of the other game runs really smooth. i havent fought a boss yet but im guessing it wont be much different from ur experience
Considering your rig is up to snuff, don't use any hacks other than VU cycle stealing with the latest beta (you shouldn't need to go higher than moderate here) and maybe up to x2 on the EE hack.

To alleviate the overbloom effect, uncheck the Native box for D3D internal res and set it to at least 1024x1024. Be sure to also grab the latest version of GSDX.
(07-24-2009, 05:32 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: [ -> ]Considering your rig is up to snuff, don't use any hacks other than VU cycle stealing with the latest beta (you shouldn't need to go higher than moderate here) and maybe up to x2 on the EE hack.

To alleviate the overbloom effect, uncheck the Native box for D3D internal res and set it to at least 1024x1024. Be sure to also grab the latest version of GSDX.

great thanks! id love to show vid almost working perfectly! when im on the open field it lags the first time a see a little but then runs smoothly ty very much
Pages: 1 2 3