..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Loading save files from PS2 memory card into Pcsx2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey there,

I have a small question, I'm really sorry if the answer has already been posted somewhere but I could not find anything via search.

I played through about half of Tales of the Abyss on a real PS2 (as opposed to an emulator, I mean) while I was visiting family in Argentina. Before I left, I wanted to back up the memory card so that I could continue from where I left off on Pcsx2 at home.

Actually dumping the contents of the memory card was not a problem at all. The local electronics stores in the city I was in conveniently sold PS2s pre-chipped with cheap matrix clones, so the one I was playing on already had a filebrowser. I just plugged in my iPod and copied everything in /mem0 to /mass, and it worked fine.

Now fast forward a couple days, and I'm back home trying to get the backed-up memory card to play in Pcsx2. I'm sure there has to be a way to do it but I have no idea how, since the files in /memcards are single 8 megabyte "images" (I guess) of a PS2 memory card. On my iPod I have a bunch of folders like BADATA-SYSTEM, BOOT, SYSCONF, and of course the Tales of the Abyss folders (BASLUS-21386_TOA_000 and BASLUS-21386_TOASYS).

How can I turn this mess of folders into the .ps2 format Pcsx2 uses to read memory cards?

Thanks. ^__^
Try using mymc,I bet that program can 'compile' those files you have into an 8mb virtual memcard that PCSX2 can use.
(07-29-2009, 07:13 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Try using mymc,I bet that program can 'compile' those files you have into an 8mb virtual memcard that PCSX2 can use.

I tried downloading that app but it appears to only be capable of importing dumps from MAX Drive (.max), EMS (.psu), SharkPort (.sps), X-Port (.xps) and Code Breaker (.cbs) and it won't load the "raw" dump I have. Thanks for the suggestion though. Smile
Hmm not sure then,maybe the way you saved your data you won't be able to use them with PCSX2...haven't looked into the whole ps2 memcard to pcsx2 procedure so I can't help you further
if you wouldn't mind uploading your RAW save here,and let me to try and help..Smile
Sure thing. Just to point out, it's not a single .RAW file, and I don't know if there is a file format called .raw that has anything to do with PS2 memory cards. I just called it "raw" because it was not made with AR or MAX or anything like that. It is literally just the contents of the memory card's file system, as if you plugged it into a computer and viewed it in Windows Explorer.

Here's a rar file with four TOTA game data slots and the TotA system data save.
http://www.leetsoft.net/downloads/MEMCARD.rar
(07-30-2009, 03:29 AM)Anidamo Wrote: [ -> ]Sure thing. Just to point out, it's not a single .RAW file, and I don't know if there is a file format called .raw that has anything to do with PS2 memory cards. I just called it "raw" because it was not made with AR or MAX or anything like that. It is literally just the contents of the memory card's file system, as if you plugged it into a computer and viewed it in Windows Explorer.

This one should work,

Used PS2 Save Builder exported as AR MAX V3 then transfered to the .ps2 with mymc.
It's not good idea to just copy=>paste your saves from your memory card.Some saves wont work that ways because on some games the save contains special data that is not copied when you just use copy=>paste

When you're backing up your saves using Ule it's best to use copy=>psupaste.In this way you are creating 100% copy of your save and if you did that in the first place you wouldn't ask what to do in this thread because mymc support psu saves.
(07-30-2009, 05:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2009, 03:29 AM)Anidamo Wrote: [ -> ]Sure thing. Just to point out, it's not a single .RAW file, and I don't know if there is a file format called .raw that has anything to do with PS2 memory cards. I just called it "raw" because it was not made with AR or MAX or anything like that. It is literally just the contents of the memory card's file system, as if you plugged it into a computer and viewed it in Windows Explorer.

This one should work,

Used PS2 Save Builder exported as AR MAX V3 then transfered to the .ps2 with mymc.
Awesome! I'll try this out when I get home later.... thanks!

(07-30-2009, 10:05 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]It's not good idea to just copy=>paste your saves from your memory card.Some saves wont work that ways because on some games the save contains special data that is not copied when you just use copy=>paste

When you're backing up your saves using Ule it's best to use copy=>psupaste.In this way you are creating 100% copy of your save and if you did that in the first place you wouldn't ask what to do in this thread because mymc support psu saves.
Ah, I was wondering what the hell psupaste did. Too late now, I'm 4000 miles away from said memory card and ulaunchelf so I hope Tales of the Abyss isn't one of those "special cases". Tongue Thanks for the heads up though.
(07-30-2009, 05:21 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]

This one should work,

Just wanted to say thanks again Shadow Lady, I tried loading the memory card you generated for me and it works great! Now I don't have to play through 26 hours of the game again! ^__^

Hate to bug you further, but is there any way you could detail the steps you did to create that memory card file using PS2 Save Builder? I also had a Disgaea save on that memory card that I'd like to restore if possible, though it was only a couple hours of gameplay so it's not that important.
Pages: 1 2