..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DVD drive doesn't read PS2 games.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what's going on but my DVD drives don't seem to be able to read any PS2 disks. The only disk I have gotten to work with it with Guilty Gear X and the main difference with that is, it has a blue bottom. However it seems none of my disks that have a silver bottoms will load. Basically in the DVD rom doesn't even see it. I have no problem burning or reading disks with this drive.

Basically just wondering if anyone has run into something like this? Any help is appreciated.
not that unusual, some drives just don't seem to like ps2 game discs. you might try updating the firmware of the drive.
I face this problem before with LG DVD-Ram it only read a Silver bottom but not blue before thus this make me frustrated when I buying it. However,it good to change a new one.

(note: I live in Malaysia, Here sale all the disc Blue bottom is confirm a DVD-R disc and Pale Blue bottom is DVD-Rw)
You could try on another drive/pc then make isos and transfer them to your pc, not that good a solution but Tongue
Thanks guys. I tried updating the firmware to the official latest as well as custom firmware but no dice. I tried it in another machine here, but same thing unfortunately. All are a little older from about 2000 - 2005, blah!
(08-04-2009, 10:42 PM)vhxonline Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. I tried updating the firmware to the official latest as well as custom firmware but no dice. I tried it in another machine here, but same thing unfortunately. All are a little older from about 2000 - 2005, blah!

DVD drives are pretty cheap nowadays. Just get one off of Newegg for $20-30