..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: do speedhacks really help at all?, also my movies are skipping and choppy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
right now im playing dynasty warriors gundam 2 and warriors orochi 2. tested them with multiple setups, then end up having no speedhacks at all. using the beta version of pcsx2 and the latest gpu plugins found on this website. which is 1.611

it runs smooth and kinda rough when crowded with ai's, without speedhacks.

then i tired other games like, super robot wars Z then, its very fast, runs very very smooth at animations, but sucked on the map which is generated on 3D.

when i tried to turn on the speedhacks to fix some of these problems, it ended up worse.

so... does speedhacks really help at all? and any other advice to sped up my pcsx2? thx Biggrin

and oh, also. i'm experiencing problems regarding movies. it makes the screen shake and skip scenes. . . . any help on that? thx thx thx!

anyways here are my specs:

intel core 2 [email protected] not oc'd
sparkle nvidia 9600gt 512mb
4gb memory card.
well you cant just turn all speedhacks on. VU cycle stealing, for one, could cause graphical/sound glitches when it is set greater than moderate. you'll really have to play with the settings to get the most out of your rig, as its really different for each user. in my experience, God of War without speedhacks will get me ~30-40FPS and with speedhacks on, it gets me to playable FPS levels (55-60+ FPS).

btw, nice 4gb MEMORY CARD you got there... Tongue2
Not only speed hacks, but also Advanced options can also hack speed. Have you ever tried it?

for super robot wars Z on map of battlefield, Simply tick all check box in Advanced options to gain normal speed.
gotta try..
Speed hacks make some games faster, but some slower.

Updating GSdx might also help, but I'm not sure if it's your video card that's responsible for the world map, or any other slowdowns. If your video card is holding you back at times, there are some options in GSdx that can help.
the new beta is cripped, try an older one, or the stable (with the new plugins of course)
(08-09-2009, 11:35 AM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]the new beta is cripped, try an older one, or the stable (with the new plugins of course)

Crippled? The new beta is being used by most people atm with no problems (except for the noted ones in the notes ofcourse). I'd hate to see how Krakatos would respond to this after all the work he does each time to test and release new betas Tongue
when my 2.2 is showing 100% on one core and 13% on the other, you KNOW something is wrong. mine should ALWAYS be 100/100 because we all know my cpu is my bottleneck
..isn't that the way it's supposed to be if the CPU is the bottleneck? If the GPU was the bottleneck, THEN the second core would be 100%...right?
What? The first core has the first thread of the emulator, which is the EE and VUrecs (and everything else) while the second is the GS thread that GSdx uses. So the first core should always be 100% if your CPU is the bottleneck. If the second one was 100% too,that would mean your GPU is being bottlenecked too.
Do you even know how this works? Before spreading the new beta is 'crippled' get the facts straight.
Air explained it nicely here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8687.html
Pages: 1 2 3