..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Need Help!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You can get the full installer for the latest beta here: http://www.pcsx2.net/files/19794

GSdx is the graphics plugin that the majority of Windows users use. You can get the latest beta in the official thread for it: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3031.html

This is where the speedhacks are:
[Image: sdfezd.jpg]
wow I just realized how much of an idiot I am... I never dled the installer. Ok, so I used the moderate version of the speed hack and I'm gettting roughly 44fps now, so I'll keep experimenting. Any advice on the best setup to use for my pc?
In GSdx:
- Tick the "native" box for D3D internal res
- Tick "Allow 8-bit textures"
- Do not have "Wait VSync" ticked

By the way, if you have Vista on Win7, use the DirectX 10 version.

In Speedhacks:
- Set EmotionEngine (EE) Sync Hacks to "Use x2 Cycle Rate"
- Tick "Idle Loop Fast-Forward (experimental)"
- Set VU Cycle Stealing to Moderate (2 notches) :: You said you already did this, just adding it anyway =P

You can enable more speedhacks if you don't have a good enough speed to your liking, just make sure that you don't get slowed down by enabling more.
I can't find Allow 8-bit textures in GSdx
I am still experiencing more slow down and it isn't too annoying until they talk cause its like SLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW motion and when I click the no extension thing and add in Frame skip, but that makes it even worse. Am I just stuck with the mediocre speed because of my laptop?

Thanks for all the help.
Yeah, with your specs you won't be getting fullspeed.

Upgrade to the latest GSdx for more options, maybe even a speed boost.
find out exactly what chip it is, and maybe I can pull something up settings-wise for you
Dxdiag says that my integrated card is a Mobile Intel® Series Express Chipset Family. HP.com says that it is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M and that it can use up to 765MB. Would it help at all if I increased my RAM size to 3 gig (that might take a while)? The newest version of GSdx didn't really help.
won't help with a gma, you're basically screwed
I can run Disgaea 2 at maximum fps with speed hacks and a small resolution, but then again I guess it isn't that graphically extensive.
disgea is one of the weakest ps2 games out there, actually..
Pages: 1 2 3