..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Plz help me, my pcsx2 fails to load any game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Plz what type of graphic plugin should i switch over to for now?
if you already tried gsdx, then try zerogs now. if you tried zerogs before, well, then try gsdx now. and do you think it would be possible that you answer the questions of other users before replying with another question? it's very hard to help you if you always give us only the smallest possible amount of info about your problem. e.g. you refused to answer the question about your gpu for two times already, is it a secret? so, please post your complete specs, your emulog.txt and your config of pcsx2 + plugins (screenshots of it for bonus points).
Here's my CPU specifications as displayed on my pcsx2 emulog.txt
CPU Vendor Name: GenuineIntel
Family ID: C
X86Family: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHZ
CPU Speed: 1.870GHZ
Cores: 1 Physical {1 logical}
X86type: Standard OEM
X86Flags: afe9fbff 00000109
X86EFlags: 00100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSSE3

I dont really know how to screen capture my screenshots and post them here through attachments, if anyone can assist me, i'll be grateful.

ZEROGS
As soon as i changed my plugin to zerogs, here's the message that my pcsx2 indicated:
ZeroGs: FAILED TO CREATE HARDWARE DEVICE, CREATING SOFTWARE
ZeroGs: FAILED TO CREATE SOFTWARE DEVICE, SWITCHING TO REFERENCE RASTERIZER
MTGS> GSopen FINISHED, RETURN CODE 0xffffff
*CDVD: IO THREAD FINISHED.

After the above message, gs plugin fails to open and pcsx2 closes. Plz how can i make gs plugin to open and what else can i do to my pcsx2 configuration. Plz i am waiting for ur responses....
Here's my CPU specifications as displayed on my pcsx2 emulog.txt
CPU Vendor Name: GenuineIntel
Family ID: C
X86Family: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHZ
Cores: 1 Physical {1 logical}
X86type: Standard OEM
X86Flags: afe9fbff 00000109
X86EFlags: 00100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSSE3

I dont really know how to screen capture my screenshots and post them here through attachments, if anyone can assist me, i'll be grateful.

ZEROGS
As soon as i changed my plugin to zerogs, here's the message that my pcsx2 indicated:
ZeroGs: FAILED TO CREATE HARDWARE DEVICE, CREATING SOFTWARE
ZeroGs: FAILED TO CREATE SOFTWARE DEVICE, SWITCHING TO REFERENCE RASTERIZER
MTGS> GSopen FINISHED, RETURN CODE 0xffffff
*CDVD: IO THREAD FINISHED.

After the above message, gs plugin fails to open and pcsx2 closes. Plz how can i make gs plugin to open and what else can i do to my pcsx2 configuration. Plz i am waiting for ur responses....
Well with those specs and what looks like a lack of a proper video card I doubt you'll be able to play anything really...
Ok, plz which of my specs indicates lack of proper video card? What do u advise me to do now so as to rectify the fault?
You need to buy a new graphics card. But probably even if you do, that old Celeron processor will give you extremely slow speeds. You won't be able to run anything over 10 fps I'm afraid.
Ok, i'll get a new graphic card.. Supposing i use directx10 for gsdx after i get a new graphic, will my pcsx2 game be slow and does directx10 work thru my graphic card or thru my celeron processor?
Ok, i'll get a new graphic card.. Supposing i use directx10 for gsdx after i get a new graphic, will my pcsx2 game be slow and does directx10 work thru my graphic card or thru my celeron processor?
No, PCSX2 needs a very powerful processor first, then a decent graphics card. So even if you get the best graphics card there is now, you will still get very very low speeds with that processor. That's why I told you that you basically need a whole new PC...
You'll have to upgrade both video card and CPU. Take in count the recommended CPU for PCSX2 is a 3.2GHz core 2 duo and the recommended video card is at least a 8600gt or their equivalents.
(08-12-2009, 06:21 PM)feichi Wrote: [ -> ]X86Family: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHZ

Celeron M...

You are on a laptop, yes? If so, considering how old that processor is, the laptop probably has an 865 Intel GPU or similar (if you can call that crap a GPU). That type of Intel barely has any strength for gaming. Emulators, depending on how powerful the original system is, require a PC that is at least twice as powerful than it to run it properly

In other words, you will NEED a desktop or laptop with a strong CPU and GPU, otherwise, it wont run.
Pages: 1 2 3 4