..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Persona 3 FES, weird slow downs. possible CPU bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having a strange issue with Shin Magami Tensai: Persona 3 FES
I am using a ton (pretty much every..) speed hack, with VU stealing up to high.

But for some reason in the class room, and on the streets (so far in cut scenes, I haven't tested there my self) I am getting 100% FPS but it seems to be moving like it had 70%

Any idea why? if u turn off VU cycle i get 80% speed. so it's still jerky.

Also, PCSX2 is only reporting me using 36% Max on my CPU. Which is an AMD Athlon X2 2.6ghz 5000+ (i know it's crap)

Running the latest PCSX2 beta.

EDIT: Also, cutscenes have noticeable scan lines. Is this from playing at twice the original resolution with 4 times original internal?

Also if it matters, Video card is nVidia 9800 GT 512MB
PC has 3GB of DDR2 667mhz
make sure you have "Denormals are zero" and "Flush to zero" ticked in your advanced config.
Both are ticked. can't play though anyway, in battles i'm getting only 30FPS. so i guess it doesn't matter much.

Still wonder why it was being slow even with full FPS on the field
Speed hacks can cause that, specially when you set the VU cycle stealing too high
Unfortunately, your CPU is the bottleneck... You either have to run the game with a lot of VU cycle stealing and get massive game slowdown, or with it off and get bad FPS from having to render it all.
Yeah i know about my CPU bottle neck, it does that to everything.. Planing on getting a unlocked mobo and overclocking it. hoping i can get to 3.0ghz with it. that should at least make the games i wanna play. PLAYABLE i'd think..
i had athlon 64 x2 5600+ overclocked to 3100mhz, persona 3 still wont be playable, even if somehow you will manage to play it your fps will drop to like 10% in combats with 4-5 enemies or certain enemies (like bettles) that slow down the game. Sorry to breake the bauble but you will just have to buy more powerfull processor.
(08-13-2009, 12:44 AM)nataq01 Wrote: [ -> ]i had athlon 64 x2 5600+ overclocked to 3100mhz, persona 3 still wont be playable, even if somehow you will manage to play it your fps will drop to like 10% in combats with 4-5 enemies or certain enemies (like bettles) that slow down the game. Sorry to breake the bauble but you will just have to buy more powerfull processor.

actually i have this computer - intel core 2 duo p8600 2.4 ghz 4 gb ram ati mobility radeon hd 3650 windows vista 32

and persona 3 and 4 run at perfect speed for me -i tried alot of rpgs and only those 2 and the atelier iris and ar tonelico series run perfect for me

maybe try using windows vista and directx 10?(if your not using it already
besides, remeber, the factors that could mess up with the speed is both the revision of the emu (betas are faster than 0.9.6., captain obvious, I know, but I guess it is better that I say it) and that sometimes the AMD counterparts of the Intel CPU's are slower in clock-per-clock performance
i know about intel over AMD for clock for clock speed.

I'm using Windows 7 x64 and DX10 (to bad there wasn't a DX 11 plugin..)

Guess when i clock my i7 up to 4ghz i can play it at full speed then XD
Pages: 1 2