..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: bad settings or crappy comp?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
howdy ppl; had a quick question:
i used every single speed hack, and turned down all the settings to high performance but i still cant get the game to run properly. music is slow & movement ingame is even slower. comp stats:
dell xps 400
intel pentium d 3.2 ghz
2 gb ram
nvidia 8500 gt 512 mb
windows xp pro (x32) sp3
game in question: ff xii
Pentium D's are not known to work well with pcsx2. I suggest easing up on the speedhacks as sometimes they break more than they fix (especially VU cycle-stealing). Posting your complete configurations would probably help with diagnosing any configuration problems.
Might wanna scrap that processor and get a core 2 duo clocking @ 2.8+ ghz if you can , oh and maybe a new video card.
w/o speedhacks its still slow =\
ss of config:
[Image: 6prc78.jpg]
Try updating to the latest beta, also post a screenshot of your speedhacks.
speedhacks is literally all options checked w/ cycle rate x3 (sound is much better @ 1.5 though)
will try the beta & c how it goes
Apart from updating PCSX2 to the latest beta, you should also get the latest revision of GSdx because that has more options to help speed and has been improved to get more speed in general. You should also try creating an ISO image of your original disc and run it through the Linuz Iso CDVD plugin.
That cpu is pretty slow for this game, even with the latest beta you may not get enough of a boost on it i'm afraid. Also the fact you can not use DX10 isnt gonna help you :/
Oh clicking on the little box next to native helps bump up the speed a little bit.
(08-14-2009, 05:24 AM)sonic boom Wrote: [ -> ]speedhacks is literally all options checked w/ cycle rate x3 (sound is much better @ 1.5 though)
will try the beta & c how it goes

Try only using one or two speed hacks at a time. Don't set VU Cycle steal much higher than moderate.

Your graphics card isn't helping much, either. 8500 GT is below the recommended requirements for the emulator.
Pages: 1 2