..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy X Configuration Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I've been working with PCSX2 for the past few hours trying to get Final Fantasy X to work properly, however it is lagging a bit.

Here's my system specs:
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.8GHz
3GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
(Let me know if you need anything more than just that.)

I was running it under Windows 7, and after messing with it for hours I tried it on Windows XP, and as I expected, nothing really changed.

Here's my current PCSX2 configuration:
[Version] PCSX2 0.9.6
[Graphics] GSdx 890 (SSE2)
Direct3D9 (Hardware), Pixel Shader 3.0, Blend tff, Native Res, NLOOP Hack, Texture filtering, Log Z, Alpha correction
[Sound] SPU2-X
Interpolation (none), XAudio 2
[BIOS] USA 1.60
[CPU]
EERec, VU0rec, VU1rec, Multithreaded GS mode, Limit (60fps)
[Speed Hacks]
x2 Cycle Rate, INTC Sync Hack, IOP x2 Cycle Rate, WaitCycles Sync Hack (I checked them all, which probably wasn't the best idea, but they didn't seem to do anything anyway).
[Advanced]
EERec - Chop/Zero, None, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero
VUrec - Chop/Zero, None, Flush to Zero, Denormals are Zero

As an additional note, the very first intro video is acceptable. I'm getting maybe 40-50 FPS at that point, however the intro video after starting a new game is slow...down to ~30 FPS. I've seen people able to get this running on systems worse than mine so there must be a way to do it!

Thanks for all your help! Smile
with that PC it should run at full speed, u got intel so u definetly have sse3 or maybe even sse4, change gsdx to highest sse possible for your processor
where is it lagging? demi and summons are known hits to the CPU (demi takes my 2.2 to 5 fps)
When I try to switch to a higher SSE an alert box will pop up when I try to play the game:
"This processor does not support [X]." (Where [X] is whatever I tried to use for Graphics). Thus the highest SSE I can apply is SSE2.

Also, I haven't gotten past the beginning of the game, it slows down to ~30FPS and lags during the first few intro videos. It's nearly unplayable at this point.

Oh, and it directed me to the emuLog.txt file, I suppose I'll place the contents of it here in case anyone is curious about them:

Code:
PCSX2 0.9.6 - compiled on Feb 27 2009
Savestate version: 8b400004
x86Init:
    CPU vendor name =  GenuineIntel
    FamilyID  =  4
    x86Family =  Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
    CPU speed =  2.803 Ghz
    Cores     =  2 physical [2 logical]
    x86PType  =  Standard OEM
    x86Flags  =  bfebfbff 0000641d
    x86EFlags =  20100000

Features:
    Detected MMX
    Detected SSE
    Detected SSE2
    Detected SSE3
    Not Detected SSSE3
    Not Detected SSE4.1

Hotkeys:
    F1  - save state
    (Shift +) F2 - cycle states
    F3  - load state
Resetting...
Ready
Resetting...
Ready
Bios Version 1.60

rom2 NOT FOUND

erom NOT FOUND

Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 60.0 fps
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0xffffffff
try this in pcsx2.ini:
Code:
[Cpu]
Options=1137
sseMXCSR=65472
sseVUMXCSR=65472
eeOptions=1
vuOptions=1
SpeedHacks=9
VUCycleHack=1
[Hacks]
EECycleRate=1
IOPCycleDouble=enabled
WaitCycleExt=disabled
INTCSTATSlow=disabled
VUCycleSteal=0
IdleLoopFF=disabled
ESCExits=disabled
vuFlagHack1=disabled
vuFlagHack2=disabled
vuMinMax=disabled
vuFlagHack=disabled
(08-15-2009, 08:59 PM)Saiki Wrote: [ -> ]try this in pcsx2.ini:
Code:
[Cpu]
Options=1137
sseMXCSR=65472
sseVUMXCSR=65472
eeOptions=1
vuOptions=1
SpeedHacks=9
VUCycleHack=1
[Hacks]
EECycleRate=1
IOPCycleDouble=enabled
WaitCycleExt=disabled
INTCSTATSlow=disabled
VUCycleSteal=0
IdleLoopFF=disabled
ESCExits=disabled
vuFlagHack1=disabled
vuFlagHack2=disabled
vuMinMax=disabled
vuFlagHack=disabled

Unfortunately this didn't make things too much better. It did raise the FPS during the intro video from ~30 to ~35 though. Also, I have realized that it slows down when there are many people on screen. It's nearly playable when I'm walking around alone.
there's no way I should be running faster than you.. tried the latest GSdx?
Well, I just tried running FFX on my laptop and it worked well. My laptop was able to run PCSX2 with the latest GSdx, however my desktop is not. Everytime I try running PCSX2 with my Graphics as something other than GSdx 890 (SSE2) it says my CPU does not support it...
I'm still getting an alert box informing me that my CPU does not support SEE 4.01 or SEE 3.01. I placed the w32pthreads.dll file in both the root directory of PCSX2 and the plugins directory (wasn't sure where it went). Sorry if I didn't use the files correctly, I'm new to this.

EDIT: I'm going to restart my computer then test it. That may work...
EDIT: Just restarted my computer and tested it again, same thing. It's still reporting that my CPU does not support it.
Pages: 1 2