..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: ATIorNVIDIA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
and people say that ATI has problems with their drivers, and act like Nvidia is the king of good driver releases. Obviously they both have good drivers and bad ones. A lot of people were pissed off from the 190 drivers.

But to be honest, I don't think that ATI has had this many problems all at once from consecutive releases in a while
The main issue usually is that nvidia's drivers issue are either minor and quickly fixed, or new features that haven't quite got all the kinks worked out(like ambient occlusion).
That fan speed issue doesn't look minor. I searched google, and I see that some people have had their cards destroyed because the fan didn't go high enough.
I use RivaTuner to control my fan speeds anyway.
One thing:

Is what I can take this knowledge that does not support SSE4?

http://www.materiel.net/ctl/Processeurs_...ition.html

I still 60 FPS in FF12? and BT3?

A Sapphire Vapor-X 512 is enough?

Thank you.
Yes, it should. I just tried FF12 and I was pleasantly surprised to find out that FF12 in 95% of the time ran full speed on my setup (I had avoided it because I remembered how good it looked on my PS2 and I just assumed it'd play terribly since I get pretty bad slowdowns even in Persona 4 sometimes). There is no way that rig shouldn't play it perfectly fine.
Thank you.

60 fps 10 fps is more than in our games.

Must go faster ^^.

I suppose if it turns FF12 is 60 fps, it runs just about everything?.
Not necessarily, there are games that are unplayable to me. The .hack//GU series I get about 30-40fps on in my system... but I know it's GPU limited in my case, and that video card would be noticably better.
So turn FF12? no slowdown during games?

(This is largely why I took this PC actually ... Oh and also for Kingdom Hearts, and about twenty good PS2 games sleeping next ^^).

No FPS drop a 30-40-50 (50 Though not serious.)
Intel ® Core ™ 2 Quad Q9550
Kit Extreme2 G. Skill 2 x 2 Go PC8500 PI Black
Asus P5Q-EM
Sapphire Radeon ™ HD 4850 Vapor-x 1 GB

Or:

Sapphire Radeon ™ HD 4850 Vapor-x 1 GB
AMD Phenom ™ X4 II 955 Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P
Kit Extreme3 G. Skill 2 x 2 GB PC12800 Trident

Where best to play a constant 60 fps PCSX2 (FFXII) BT3, KH The,, does it OC?.

I want no war between the two Proco, just the best.

With evidence if possible ^ ^.

I want the configuration last two years without changing too.

And I have not enough to I7.

Should we wait I5 and Directx11?.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5