..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emu suggestions ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
just one thing...the auto Frame Limit to COME!!!my games play great..when it slows down im pushing f4 or TAB and my game goes fast again,but when it goes super fast,i have to push TAB or f4 again in order to enable it back to normal,so that I can play my games back to normal speed.So i think the Auto frame limiting option will be great Smile
it is auto when you enable it

ticking the box means DISABLE it
(01-16-2012, 07:08 PM)abdo123 Wrote: [ -> ]it is auto when you enable it

ticking the box means DISABLE it

oh...ok Wacko
Sorry if those are suggested before..

1. Auto adjust EE speedhack when entering FMV mode and ingame mode. And allow user to add speedhack game profile setting. (It gets annoying whenever there's a need to adjust speedhack because the FMV kicks in, i understand on better CPU speed this issue would have been eliminated but think about optimizing the EE performance based on the need, i think is smart to have the program engine to adjust the EE cycle need.)

2. Auto switch GS render between hardware and software render.
(Sometimes software render is smoother and stable on certain ingame cutscene/view, but next stage/cutscene need hardware to be fast. The PS2 BIOS menu seems running full fps on DX9(H) with lowest GPU process need, but some games require DX10/11 to be fast. So having an AI to adjust GS module for optimal fps is nice.)
How do you suggest it is made automatically? How can the program know when you want the EE hack off or software mode on GSdx? Your suggestions are pretty impossible I'm afraid Tongue
About speed hacks profiles, you could use this handy tool: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PS2Lunch-...-for-PCSX2
I'm not a programmer myself but thinking to create an internal detector to watch over the emulation status, which should able to foreseen a FMV playback and triggers a speedhack adjust. A much advanced version should able to detect and adjust EE speed based on the game need, as because not all games that uses EE at full speed.

For the render switching i'm thinking of a middle controller that able to detect a certain render view/effect that can best use with xxx renderer. Yet it all just some suggestions and theories which i thought would be possible with the right coding. Thanks for the speed hack profile link Bositman. Smile
Will such feature will be good idea.
When you try to load a state but there is not a saved state at the current slot,to try to load the next state slot until it actually load a state.
(04-03-2012, 01:08 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Will such feature will be good idea.
When you try to load a state but there is not a saved state at the current slot,to try to load the next state slot until it actually load a state.

Its a nice idea but what if you're at a point in the game which is quite difficult, but you dont think youre going to manage it on your current run, so you try to reload the savestate from just before it to find out its no longer there/corrupted, the system would then try to load the next savestate, which might have been one you made near the beginning of the game, youve lost all your progress..

So i can see the idea, but that would be the downside.
Maybe adding a condition...if the load fail(because the state is damaged)only then to not load the next state.
To try load the next state only if no state(file name)exist for the current slot.
Is it possible to add some info(or simple character)in the GSdx window after the Sate State slot that will tell you if save state exist on the current slot or not.

I'm just searching for alternative for the missing feature...state slot preview,like on ePSXe.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25