..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Emu suggestions ....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
So looking forward to ver 1.2.0. Not a suggestions as much as it is a question. What are the chances that problems some games have will get fixed in the new, or any future version? Such as Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal's texture issues, Metal Gear Solid 3's post processing issues, Fatal Frame camera not locking on correctly, etc
2 of those issues are fixed in software mode.
I'm sure it would require an imense amount of work to be able to do software rendering on the graphics card. I'm happy I get to play Ratchet and Clank at all.
(01-13-2014, 06:52 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]2 of those issues are fixed in software mode.

Yes but software mode runs at half the speed. Completely unplayable. As well as not looking as good.
(01-13-2014, 07:27 PM)dammets Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but software mode runs at half the speed. Completely unplayable.
because your pc isn't powerful enough
Quote:As well as not looking as good.
as good as on your PS2.
software mode renders @ the original PS2 resolution
I meant it doesn't look as good as hardware mode. It's odd that hardware mode runs at a beautiful 60 fps at 3x native res, while native res software mode runs slow.
This is true, however to implement that needed for ratchet & clank to work without problems would require pretty much a complete rewrite of the gs plugin, this is a lot of work.
I suppose that goes for all games that have one or two problems but are generally playable?
A lot of games try to do effects that aren't directly compatible with directx. Maybe when mantle comes along properly, we could take advantage of it and do it through that, but I won't get anybodies hopes up, it's more of a pipe dream
(01-13-2014, 08:44 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]This is true, however to implement that needed for ratchet & clank to work without problems would require pretty much a complete rewrite of the gs plugin, this is a lot of work.

It will have to be done eventually. I doubt you people are not already thinking that re-doing it from scratch could be a nice chance to clean up code and possibly make it a bit more efficient along the way Tongue

And what with getting a little extra from the AVG thingy, who knows, maybe that pipe dream is a bit closer than it was before Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25