..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Final Fantasy 12 Cutscenes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone...

I've been trying to run FFXII on the 0.9.6 for the past few days, trying different things from these forums. In-game fights and whatnot go fairly well. I get about 45-50 FPS which isn't bad, considering i only have an Intel Pentium Dual CPU 2.2 ghz.

Cutscenes, however, drop to 10 FPS. Not even the 3d ones. Just the regular in game ones, if that makes sense. I can skip them, and look 'em up online later, but that's kind of a pain.

I run 32 bit Vista, have 3 gb or ram, and a an 8500 GTS nvidia card. I'm using the Linuz ISO thing, SPU2-x for sound, and the default plugin for graphcs. I have it set on Direct 3D 10 hardware.

Everything is checked under speedhacks, and I'm on 1,5 cycle rate. I am n no clamp mode, and everything else in the advanced menu is set for speed.

What's wrong with my cutscenes? Thanks in advance.
the fmvs need a very powerful cpu and afaik don't profit really from the use of speed hacks. nothing you can do about that, i guess, even with my core2duo @ 3.0ghz they are not running full speed.
I had the same problem, read here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7106.html

this is my advice on settings for GSdx, I made these at the time my GPU was an 8400gs.