..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFX Loading Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running PCSX2 v. 0.9.6 on my schools computers. They're brand new and fast so I figured I'd play some PS2 during my free period.

Specs:

Windows XP Pro
HP XW4600 Workstation
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.83 GHz
2GB Ram
ATI Radeon HD 3400 @ 1.0 GB

I load PCSX2 no problem. Go to configure and get:

Plugin load failure: F:\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx9.dll
SysLibError Message: <NULL>
Plugin load failure: F:\PCSX2\plugins\GSdx.dll
Plugin load failure: F:\PCSX2\plugins\ZeroGS.dll

Don't know what that means. I have all the right plugins and bios so I know thats not a problem

I go to load my FFX.iso and PCSX2 crashes and reports the old, "Encountered a problem and needs to close."

So..... sup? Is it the ROM I chose? I've heard different things about FFX crashing. Any tips?

Any help is appreciated.
Try updating DirectX to march 2009 version, those plugins look old anyway. What message appears in the pcsx2 console window when the crash happens? What's your settings?
(08-24-2009, 06:04 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: [ -> ]Try updating DirectX to march 2009 version, those plugins look old anyway. What message appears in the pcsx2 console window when the crash happens? What's your settings?

Those plugins were the plugins that came with PCSX2.

I dont think I can update the DirectX w/o administrator privelages, and while I have the password, I don't want them monitoring logins and seeing an unwarrented admin login. So until the IT team updates the DirectX I can't do anything about that.

Is that a major issue?

Settings of the Emulator are all the default settings on the following plugins:

GSDX 890 0.1.14
SPU2-X 1.1.0
PEOPS CD/DVD 1.3.0
GSdx9.dll maybe came with an older PCSX2 not current, but yeah it needs updated directx files. You didnt mention if the pcsx2 console window showed anything, try changing graphic plugins and cdvd plugin (make sure it's configured correctly).
Well, unfortunately, all those errors you see are because of your account not having proper read/write/execute permissions. As well as outdated directx.
So, you need to be an admin or forget everythin Laugh
(08-24-2009, 07:54 PM)Cain Wrote: [ -> ]Well, unfortunately, all those errors you see are because of your account not having proper read/write/execute permissions. As well as outdated directx.
So, you need to be an admin or forget everythin Laugh

*****... and I thought I could get away with something. Rolleyes

I have the admin user and pass but I don't want to log in in case they're tracking the admin log ins.