..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Best CPU, VGA and decent RAM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Indeed, an hd 4770/4870/4890 will outperform an 53xx ot 52xx, but I dont think the OP will go for low-end stuff....

If what you've said about exclusive nvidia optimization in pcsx2 is true...that's sad. Someone should give Gabest an ati card as a present lolz.
How about E8600 and 9600GT. I'm going to get one from Ebay.

Other hands, which AMD should i choose now Blink.
The c2d E8600 is great...the 9600 gt isn't. Get an nvidia 9800gt or gtx+
I have one more question. Will my pc support DDR3 graphics card. I am going to buy it from Malaysia because one of my brother is there. I have attached the list of hardwares. Here are my pc specs.

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7200 @2.53GHz 2.53 GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 1.00 GB
Visual Memory: ATI Radeon HD3450 / 256 MB Graphics Card
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Sound Device: High Definition Audio Device
Nothing needs to 'support' DDR3 graphics cards. If your motherboard has the slot fot the graphics card (which it has), DDR2 or DDR3 it will work
(09-08-2009, 08:31 AM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing needs to 'support' DDR3 graphics cards. If your motherboard has the slot fot the graphics card (which it has), DDR2 or DDR3 it will work

So what if I buy a MSI GTX285 SUPERPIPE 1GB D3 512BIT. Will it work great on pcsx 2?
A 250 GTS will already be more than enough for all games, even at high resolutions. But if you want get the 285 GTX by all means Tongue
That would be great for ps2 games with high poly count like Tekken, VF, Soul Calibur, ZoE, etc...
Since I saw this topic has been posted, I might as well join in. I need to upgrade my computer, as it's just frustrating me too much when I use Pcsx2, cause I have alwasy 30 about FPS for Valkryie profile 2 (and it's not PCsx2's fault, it's definately my PC). My current CPU is Quad 6600 OCed to 2.8GHz, 8GB of DDR3 RAM, and 9500GS 1GB. One big problem I have is the power supply. My power supply tells me i only have 350W of output, but my friend told me that it must be an error, because 350W isn't enough to power my 9500GS 1GB. Therefore, I'm wondering, should I take the risk and buy a 9600GT or 9800GTX, or should I try ATI? If so, which ATI (I see you guys talking about 4xxx series, but i'm total noob when it comes to ATI, ironic considering I loved ATI at first xD). Thanks for all your input.
A 350w psu sure is anemic for a system like yours.....especially if the psu is just from a so-so brand.
The foundation of a good pc system is a dependable psu.

9500 is too weak compared to your cpu, but know that a 9800gt or gtx will also require more on-load wattage compared to a 9500.
Pages: 1 2 3 4