Issue with loading playstation disks
Sorry if this has been answered, but either I don't know what to search for or this isn't normal.

I installed pcsx2 yesterday and loaded a bios today. Everything appears to be configured ok, except when I set my gigaherz's plugin source drive I get an error saying it has failed to open the drive. I am using the correct drive. Also, when I insert a PS2 disk into my drive windows doesn't recognize it. It makes no difference if I use a silver or blue backed disk. I am using windows 7 64 bit. What am I missing?

I also included a screenshot of the state of the program when I start it up, and a configuration screen. Should I actually see a PS2 main menu?

Thanks for putting up with the noobie,
Derek

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

If Windows cannot recognized the disc as you stated above, then it must be a problem with your DVD Drive or Windows itself. Check if other DVD Disc are detected.

If the Disc is not detected in Windows, then there's no way the Gigaherts plugin will recognize that is there. Check using a DVD movie to see if it is detected.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
(04-04-2010, 04:25 AM)Master_DX Wrote: If Windows cannot recognized the disc as you stated above, then it must be a problem with your DVD Drive or Windows itself. Check if other DVD Disc are detected.

If the Disc is not detected in Windows, then there's no way the Gigaherts plugin will recognize that is there. Check using a DVD movie to see if it is detected.

I read DVD movies all the time. Huh

I just popped in Gran Turismo 3 and in My Computer the icon on my DVD drive changes to a disk saying DVD-ROM under it. I then start PCSX2 and you will see what happens in the included screenshot. If I try to open the disk in windows explorer, the disk is ejected and I then get a windows telling me to insert a disk. Seeing as my computer recognizes it as a DVD-ROM I don't see why my drive wouldn't be able to read it.

Seems to read in my girlfriends mac so I guess it isn't a disk issue. Mellow

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

by any Chance did u actually configure the plugin by selecting the letter of your DVD Drive, if not do it. Have you try using Peops to see if the game starts.
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
(04-05-2010, 03:15 AM)Master_DX Wrote: by any Chance did u actually configure the plugin by selecting the letter of your DVD Drive, if not do it. Have you try using Peops to see if the game starts.

I have configured it to use the correct drive. Peops does not show any drive under the drive selection.

It is a pioneer dvrkd08l drive with what windows says is a current driver. I having problems finding any other drivers.
I got it working! I had to do some registry edit to delete an upper and lower limit to get it to read. For anyone else that runs into this down the road, this is what worked for my particular drive. Other models may be the same or different, I have no idea.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t541404-pio...w_dvr_k17a
Wow, first time I've ever heard of this kind of problem.
I think I'll take a note of this one, thanks.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.