OCing for PCSX2
I try to run Gran Turismo 4 the fastest posible and i use the old PCSX 0.9.6..
My question is..if i buy a new headsink and I overclock my CPU for 500 mhz the game will run faster? or there will be no diference.I realy want to know how important are these megahers in PCSX2..

My Pc spec:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.01 ghz, 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W.
2 x 2 GB ddr2 ram 800 mhz, i dont know the timing.
ATI sapphiere HD4650 1 GB vram with 700 GPU clock and 480 memory clock

and a very bad Gigabyte mobo without voltage settings for Cpu overclocking
What should i do to make my gran turismo run faster then 40 fps..

Sorry for my sexy english..salut from slovenija

Sponsored links

Gran Turismo 4 is a really heavy game, even on my 3.8ghz dual core i can not seem to get a stable frame rate in races and menu's sometimes it will run at 50 fps (pal version) sometimes it will drop well below 30 and the average i get is 40 fps in general so not very playable for a racing game.
Check my profile for System Specs (Updated).

My Youtube Channel: Dedicated to Anime, Gaming and Emulation.
(06-12-2010, 08:37 PM)bla.bla Wrote: Sorry for my sexy english..salut from slovenija

LOL Your English isn't too bad. Just know that "sexy English" would be a good thing. Smile

The Mhz are very important to PCSX2. Going from 3.0Ghz to 3.5Ghz would make a noticeable difference in most cases.

I would, however, suggest you do a little more reading on OCing.
THANKS Rezard..I fear something will go wrong couse now i have it overclocked to 200 to 205..its like 3.01 ghz to 3.05 ghz and sometimes it reset to the default speed..maybe stability? if the CPU would be a little bit colder xD yeah COLDER there would not be this stability restart of cpu speed? GIGABYTE mobo dont forget XD very funny..
(06-12-2010, 09:10 PM)Imbapally Wrote: Gran Turismo 4 is a really heavy game, even on my 3.8ghz dual core i can not seem to get a stable frame rate in races and menu's sometimes it will run at 50 fps (pal version) sometimes it will drop well below 30 and the average i get is 40 fps in general so not very playable for a racing game.

Ooo holy water for my heir style..your cpu rocks..its intel?
Now i can run gran turismo 4 on 38 fps..when you have the camera on the roof of the car and i have a 3000 mhz cpu and you have it of 3800..i think you can run it on max speed..glithes and bugs on gran turismo will be there alwasy even with full clamp mode and with no speed hacks..if you add some speedhack and check to normal clamp mode you will get full speed

sorry for creppy eng
(06-12-2010, 09:35 PM)bla.bla Wrote:
(06-12-2010, 09:10 PM)Imbapally Wrote: Gran Turismo 4 is a really heavy game, even on my 3.8ghz dual core i can not seem to get a stable frame rate in races and menu's sometimes it will run at 50 fps (pal version) sometimes it will drop well below 30 and the average i get is 40 fps in general so not very playable for a racing game.

Ooo holy water for my heir style..your cpu rocks..its intel?
Now i can run gran turismo 4 on 38 fps..when you have the camera on the roof of the car and i have a 3000 mhz cpu and you have it of 3800..i think you can run it on max speed..glithes and bugs on gran turismo will be there alwasy even with full clamp mode and with no speed hacks..if you add some speedhack and check to normal clamp mode you will get full speed

sorry for creppy eng

Get a good aftermarket cooler and you should be able to get around the same clocks.
Like Rezard said, overclocking will seriously improve your performance.
[Image: 1454055.png]
I tried playing GT4 on my pc while my cpu was 2.9ghz and i got about 40fps,would i get bit higher fps now,cuz i OC-ed my cpu to 3.5ghz?
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU:Intel Celeron [email protected]
GPU:VTX3D HD5670 512MB DDR5
RAM:2GB DDR2 kingston
Definitly.
Maybe i will get it again but i dont know how well will it run.
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
CPU:Intel Celeron [email protected]
GPU:VTX3D HD5670 512MB DDR5
RAM:2GB DDR2 kingston
looking at the overclock, probably around 7 fps more.