Invalid: [Bug Report] ZZ Ogl PG
[Bug Report] ZZ Ogl PG

# PCSX2 version: Official Beta 3753
# Plugins used: ZZ Ogl PG 0.1.0, ZeroPAD 0.3.0, SPU2-X 1.4.0, CDDVDnull 0.6.0 USBnull 0.7.0, FWnull 0.6.0 DEV9null 0.5.0
# Description: Games run smoothly for awhile and then plugin crashes after 1-3 minuets.

Output from debug is follows:
Code:
ZZogl-PG:       Targets(0x1003800) fbw:0x100 fbh:0xe2 psm:0x3a fbp:0x3800
ZZogl-PG:       Targets(0x2000e00) fbw:0x200 fbh:0x180 psm:0x31 fbp:0xe00
ZZogl-PG:       Targets(0x1000000) fbw:0x100 fbh:0xe2 psm:0x30 fbp:0x0
ZZogl-PG:       Targets(0x2000e00) fbw:0x200 fbh:0x1c0 psm:0x31 fbp:0xe00
ZZogl-PG:       Targets(0x2800e00) fbw:0x280 fbh:0x1c0 psm:0x31 fbp:0xe00
pcsx2: /home/john/Programs/pcsx2/trunk/plugins/zzogl-pg/opengl/Mem.cpp:210: int RealTransfer(u32, const void*, u32) [with T = unsigned char]: Assertion `gs.imageTransfer == -1 || TransPitch(nSize, data.transfersize) / 4 <= 2' failed.
Aborted
Tried with
Kingdom Hears NTSC
Dot.Hack part 1 NTSC

Sponsored links

First of all, try different version (I hope, you know how to get one?) -- it could be recent changes. Second, a full GS.log is needed.
Here is the Log. The error does not show in the logs however appears in console and is the same every time. Compiling same version as devel seems to work. if just slightly slower than windows ( exspected) and has a red tinge.

.txt   GSzzogl.txt (Size: 61,45 KB / Downloads: 542)
FYI, the devel version is good because it removes the assertion.

I have the same issue with FFXII, but unfortunately I do not have free time to try severals version. I will give a look tomorrow.

Yes, it one of the mysterious asserts, that made debug version of ZZogl unworking. Use release build, please, it also quicker a lot (because it does not have of all this debug output).
(09-12-2010, 07:56 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Yes, it one of the mysterious asserts, that made debug version of ZZogl unworking. Use release build, please, it also quicker a lot (because it does not have of all this debug output).

The mysterious thing is that no matter what game I play and no matter what release ( debug until it crashes, devel, release) or type( Zerogs or zzogl) I seem to be limited to 40 fps in game. I have tried 3 different games and its always the same fps within 1-2 (36-40 fps in game) however at the start menu for the games im at 60 fps. Like I said it also has an almost negative appearance when the game starts as well ( not start menu). What I mean by negative is everything has a red hue to it and there are vertical red lines that are the same space apart whether full-screen or windowed so its independent of resolution.

The fps problem seems to also screw with audio.
FPS is not an issue -- it's a life. For me, old revisions (r1850 or around) of pcsx2 are quicker, 60 fps are achieved in a lot of games, in most areas of KH.

And KH1 intro movie issue are known, but acceptable (there would be also bad issue with Whale location, VERY slow resolving).
(09-12-2010, 08:40 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: FPS is not an issue -- it's a life. For me, old revisions (r1850 or around) of pcsx2 are quicker, 60 fps are achieved in a lot of games, in most areas of KH.

And KH1 intro movie issue are known, but acceptable (there would be also bad issue with Whale location, VERY slow resolving).

its not so much framerate issue but rather the audio, I get to choose between gargled up useless audio with SPU2-x or 4 seconds behind audio with zerospu2. spu2-x works really well if the framerate is >60 though.
Yeah, the asserts make the debug build problematic. A lot of them were put in by Zerofrog ages ago. Some are probably incorrect assumptions, and some probably should be right, but aren't due to bugs. I've removed a few of the more annoying ones, but you're still better off with either the devel or release builds. Especially with how much logging the debug build does.

As far as spu2-x, you may play around with the options a bit. You can try playing with turning timestretch on and off, or the advanced settings while it is on, or the interpolation mode...
(09-13-2010, 05:47 AM)arcum42 Wrote: Yeah, the asserts make the debug build problematic. A lot of them were put in by Zerofrog ages ago. Some are probably incorrect assumptions, and some probably should be right, but aren't due to bugs. I've removed a few of the more annoying ones, but you're still better off with either the devel or release builds. Especially with how much logging the debug build does.

As far as spu2-x, you may play around with the options a bit. You can try playing with turning timestretch on and off, or the advanced settings while it is on, or the interpolation mode...

I did as you said and messed with the advanced settings and at one point the fps went from 30-34 to 60 fps solid. Maybe someone should look at that code as spu2-x should not affect fps in that way since its audio. I have confirmed the settings were the cause as it has not fallen below 60 since.