Help running Persona 3
Sorry to make a thread about this, but I can't make heads or tails of the stickies so I think personal help would benefit me greatly.

My specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.4gHz
RAM: 8GB DDR2
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT

I get variable FPS depending on what's going on, often over 60, but often it drops to 30ish when I'm fighting particular enemies, or there are particular textures on screen. I've enabled the recommended speedhacks and fiddled around with various other settings but haven't seen any real improvement.

Is it a simple case of my PC not being good enough to run it, or is there something I can do to fix it? Like a patch, or something?

Sponsored links

Show us your PCSX2 and plugin settings so we can help better.

There are some enemies that will make the game crawl, not much you can do about that one unless you want to overclock your CPU. Maybe try frame skipping (Shift+F4) while playing but that will make the game much less smoother overall if it works for the particular enemies you have problem with.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
[Image: b6FB2.jpg]

[Image: vx7dv.jpg]

Thanks for the information/advice.
Enable the "Wait loop detection" speedhack, try a higher EE cyclerate too.
Change the clamp modes to none and set the VUs to superVU (make sure you enable the gamefix for persona games when using superVU).

That will reduce compatibility in other games but should be Ok for that one.
do you guys think i can run persona 3 with e5400 at 3.48 ghz and 9500gt using native mode? with EE at 33%

(09-30-2010, 04:08 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Enable the "Wait loop detection" speedhack, try a higher EE cyclerate too.
Change the clamp modes to none and set the VUs to superVU (make sure you enable the gamefix for persona games when using superVU).

That will reduce compatibility in other games but should be Ok for that one.

That helped quite noticeably. Thanks!
Yeap. I've finished Persona 3 without using EE steal cycles on linux. Great game.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(09-30-2010, 04:28 PM)darkvirus Wrote: do you guys think i can run persona 3 with e5400 at 3.48 ghz and 9500gt using native mode? with EE at 33%

Shouldn't even need the EE cyclerate speedhack with that cpu and clock speed.