i give up :(
no matter what i try i just cant get any of my games to play at decent speeds , even though people with similar setups seem to run them fine... just tried shadow hearts... and when moving around the framerate is about 5-15 fps and my cpu usage is 100% .. but when i'm in a battle , it's at 60 fps and cpu usage is at 40%

when playing final fantasy x-2... moving around the framerate is 55-60.. but battles and movies drop down to 15 fps

when playing final fantasy 12 movies play at 60 fps, but moving and battles drop down to 15

nothing makes sense :'(

Sponsored links

it's called emulation? what system specs you running?
Are you using software for Shadow Hearts? it needs to software mode to work at decent speed when moving around the cons are special effect will slow fps down but with latest GSdx it loses less fps, FF12 pretty much depends on how much is on screen for exemple in the begining of the game when they say to move camara i have 35fps in a 3Ghz probably because of all the bodys but later on it gets better, probably the game is more gpu dependent then other games, i would say its the worst fps i get, that and the last battle of tekken 4 and Grandia 3 in those parts where you not in control but it isn't a fmv ether.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5
What videocard do you have? There are issues with new-ish ATI videocards and GSDX...
May I ask what are these issues youre talking about? I own a HD3850, does it count as a "new-ish" ATI card?
I cant really remember now but i think there were a few games where Direct x 10 ATI cards had problems with GSDX. I havent run into any of those though (i have an HD4850)
There are games where it slows way down in comparison to comparable nvidia cards due to their design in which they took out fixed function parts for AA resolve among others.
Post your specs, most likely you have a PC of the jurasic.
His cpu x2 5600+ OC/not OC, i dont remmember well, gpu Ati hd4670. For reference my cpu AMD X2 [email protected], gpu ATI HD.3870 512mb. Use Driver for ATI card 8.12. Option limit, x2/x3 speed hacks, OS Vista sp.1 for game FFXII, moving in town drop fps between 60fps to 40fps in rabanaste, not extreme drop fps like you. I dont know what exactly your problem but i guest that related for driver/autoclock switch between 2d and 3d running. For share my experience, i had tried RBE program to set my ati bios for 4 different states in clock gpu/ram runing and also volt of those (low 2d, high 2d, and low 3d, high 3d).
His cpu x2 5600+ OC/not OC, i dont remmember well, gpu Ati hd4670. For reference my cpu AMD X2 [email protected], gpu ATI HD.3870 512mb. Use Driver for ATI card 8.12. Option limit, x2/x3 speed hacks, OS Vista sp.1 for game FFXII, moving in town drop fps between 60fps to 40fps in rabanaste, not extreme drop fps like you. I dont know what exactly your problem but i guest that related for driver/autoclock switch between 2d and 3d running. For share my experience, i had tried RBE program to set my ati bios for 4 different states in clock gpu/ram runing and also volt of those (low 2d, high 2d, and low 3d, high 3d).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(03-04-2009, 03:09 AM)seinfeldx Wrote: Are you using software for Shadow Hearts? it needs to software mode to work at decent speed when moving around the cons are special effect will slow fps down but with latest GSdx it loses less fps, FF12 pretty much depends on how much is on screen for exemple in the begining of the game when they say to move camara i have 35fps in a 3Ghz probably because of all the bodys but later on it gets better, probably the game is more gpu dependent then other games, i would say its the worst fps i get, that and the last battle of tekken 4 and Grandia 3 in those parts where you not in control but it isn't a fmv ether.

software results in 5 fps instead of 15

like the last poster said i have an amd athlon 64x2 5600+ , 2gb ram, and ati hd 4670 graphics card

no matter what game i try, it is too slow to the point of being completely unplayable (under 25 fps) Sad

i have the latest drivers for the graphics card... cpu is not overclocked at stock 2.8 ghz because it's a dell .. video card is slightly overclocked but putting it to stock doesn't help/change anything.. my system works fine in all other situations , so the hardware isn't faulty . so it's either an option screwed up somewhere within my system or pcsx2 which i doubt because i've looked through all guides and faqs, i've tried all the speedhacks, no speedhacks, just about every option on or off that i can try..or maybe it just doesn't like my newer model ati graphics card which seems to be the case Sad