Issues with GPU and CPU: Kingdom Hearts
Hello guys! I am new here (and Spanish also, so I am sorry if you do not understand what I am trying to say) and I wanted to ask you some questions related to how my GPU and CPU works on Kingdom Hearts (USA), the only ISO I have used.

First, I post here my laptop's specs:

Quote:CPU: Intel Core i5 2430M CPU @2.40 Ghz
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GT540M Cuda 2GB / Intel HD 3000 Graphics (It seems that I have two GPUS)
RAM: 4GB
PCSX2 1.0.0, default settings

First off, I know that my CPU is a little bit weaker for PCSX2 as far as I know (tell me if I am wrong, please), but I play with speedhacks and the game runs fine. But the real problem comes with the GPU. When I go to the Nvidia Control Panel, I set PCSX2 to work with my NVIDIA Graphic Card. Then, the game works at 40-45 fps and I cannot understand why. The thing is, if I set PCSX2 to run with Integrated Graphics (which, as far as I know, are powered by my INTEL HD 3000 Graphics, which is supposedly worse than the Nvidia) the game ALWAYS runs at 59-60 FPS, but it looks weird and the graphics are poor; it also shows some graphical glimpses. Why does PCSX2 works better with integrated graphics than with Nvidia? Can I exploit my NVIDIA to reach Kingdom Hearts' most beautiful graphics?

Thank you for your time and answers. Sorry if I have not specified enough, please ask me if you need to know anything else.

Sponsored links

I have a laptop with the 540M and I can get 2x in most games and 3x in a select few others without any slowdowns, it's really odd that this seems to be an issue on yours. First things first, make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers. Second, you can try downloading the latest SVN build, it has an option in GSDX which will allow you to force a specific graphic card (just in case the nvidia control panel is acting up for some reason)
[Image: 2748844.png]
(07-02-2013, 10:33 PM)Koji Wrote: I have a laptop with the 540M and I can get 2x in most games and 3x in a select few others without any slowdowns, it's really odd that this seems to be an issue on yours. First things first, make sure you have downloaded the latest drivers. Second, you can try downloading the latest SVN build, it has an option in GSDX which will allow you to force a specific graphic card (just in case the nvidia control panel is acting up for some reason)

Excuse my ignorance, but I do not know what is a "SVN build" Sad I just downloaded the drivers yesterday, so they must be the latest. Could you explain to me what SVN and GSDX are? Sorry about it, I am kinda noob.

Thank you very much, Koji
Start here with the config guide. If any other questions after reading this guide (hence the "Read First" in red letters) then ask further questions.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-Co...tion-Guide
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

I followed that guide and configured my PCSX2 the way it says. I also downloaded the last SVN. The game, using Nvidia graphics now, with the guide's configuration, looks GREAT, AMAZING. But, after a few minutes of continous play, FPS start to drop to 40-45 more or less. Which could be the cause? At the moment of the FPS decreasing my computer produces a noise as if it were enduring an effort...

EDIT:

I put some photos, I think it will make it clearer.

1. At the very moment I start playing (and during the next two minutes, more or less)

[Image: xzpx.png]

As you can see, FPS are 59-60 and Sora moves well.

2. Two minutes later

[Image: jnjj.png]

Now, FPS are 30-35, quite lowered down. My laptop is burning, also. Might it be that my computer is overheating?
Your laptop might be overheating.
Specs: Intel Pentium P5 @ 60 Mhz, 1 Gigabyte HDD, OS: DOS
(07-03-2013, 12:07 AM)ItsGreat Wrote: Your laptop might be overheating.

This, your CPU is downclocking when it gets too hot. This is to prevent it from crashing/melting... all that bad stuff. The best solution is to get a laptop cooling pad. Basically, they are just a pad to put under the laptop that has extra fans that usually plugs into the laptop's USB ports for power. That should hopefully allow for enough cooling to keep your laptop from slowing down.

Local electronic stores will have them in the $20-30 range... but if you go through places like Newegg, you can find some as low as $10.
[Image: 2748844.png]
It overheats after 2 minutes? How old is your laptop? When is the last time do you clean your fan? Is your laptop getting good airflow (play it on a flat surface)?
Start the task manager and see how much cpu usage used. Try checking your core temp with some 3rd party software.

No you don't need cooling pad if you take good care of your laptop, and some laptop are not meant to run at 100% processor load all the time. FPS can also go down if your laptop goes to a power saving mode.
Make sure to set your laptops power plan to high performance too.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
just run Core temp and give use a pic Smile ( while slowdowns )