no accelerated imdct transform found
i was wondering what this meant, pcsx 2 is the first program i have ever seen that ever made mention of this, some site mentioned a sound codec possibly not being installed but i still have this once its installed so i was wondering what it meant and if it was possible to fix it, not noticed any issues but just wondering to be curious.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

It's something related to sound playback. Perhaps some problems with ac3 playback on your system.
(03-20-2009, 03:36 AM)Cain Wrote: It's something related to sound playback. Perhaps some problems with ac3 playback on your system.

i reinstalled the ac3 official plugin from official website and it made no difference, do i need to put a copy of the file into the pcsx 2 folder?
Except me also getting this sometimes, I have no clue what it is/means.
You're totally fine just ignoring it.
(03-21-2009, 05:47 PM)rama Wrote: Except me also getting this sometimes, I have no clue what it is/means.
You're totally fine just ignoring it.

i just would like to know what it is/means, sounds works fine but it'd be better to know what it means since pcsx2 is the first program i have ever seen that stated any sort of message like this.

edit: apparently the ac3 codec i have is compiled with that functionality removed, not sure how i could get a ac3 codec with it enabled.
Thumbs Up 
IMDCT (Inverse Modified Discrete Cosine Transform (Fourier)) is used in signal compression and in the case of this error apparently is for audio playback acceleration. I have changed the Sound plug-in from SPU2-X 1.2.0 (which gave me the error) to P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0 and the error is gone same with ZeroSPU2 r1455 0.4.6 Plug-in. These 2 last plug-ins performed faster on game playback.

My PC:
- P4 HT 3.0 Ghz, L2 1 MB, 800 Mhz FSB.
- 2 GB DDR-400 Dual Channel (4x512 MB).
- MoBo Intel D865PERL.
- Video XFX nVidia GeForce 6200 (@8X).
SPU2-X is slower than the rest of the plugins because it does more work.
The IMDCT thing is totally randomn, too. Just ignore it Tongue2