Persona 4 (PS2) Framerate Drops
I know this is already a very recurrent topic here but I just want advices from you guys to help me solve my problems..when I first ran Persona 4 on my emulator, I had no issues or problems whatsoever even when encountering random mobs or mobs that are 3 units and up..the problem arose when I played it the second time which was very surprising..there are times in the game that my framerate just sinks to a crawling 15-25 fps.. >.< even when its only with 1-2 mobs per fight and it occurs mostly when its the main character's turn to issue commands but when it was my comrades' turn to take action, the fps jumps up to at least 45-60 fps again..

I'm currently running PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)..my pc specs are:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE(Callisto), Team Elite 4gb DDR3 1333 mHz RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard and a Gigabyte G-Power II Pro CPU Cooler..
[Image: M5Cfb4D.jpg]

[Image: proudpinoy.gif]

Sponsored links

(12-03-2013, 05:03 AM)strings29 Wrote: I know this is already a very recurrent topic here but I just want advices from you guys to help me solve my problems..when I first ran Persona 4 on my emulator, I had no issues or problems whatsoever even when encountering random mobs or mobs that are 3 units and up..the problem arose when I played it the second time which was very surprising..there are times in the game that my framerate just sinks to a crawling 15-25 fps.. >.< even when its only with 1-2 mobs per fight and it occurs mostly when its the main character's turn to issue commands but when it was my comrades' turn to take action, the fps jumps up to at least 45-60 fps again..

I'm currently running PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)..my pc specs are:
AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE(Callisto), Team Elite 4gb DDR3 1333 mHz RAM, Nvidia Geforce 9500 GT, ASUS M4N68T-M LE V2 motherboard and a Gigabyte G-Power II Pro CPU Cooler..

It's a pretty weak system. Are you using any speedhacks?

Try EE cycle rate hack first, and then maybe VU stealing. Try them one tick a time, then test, then try again.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-03-2013, 05:07 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's a pretty weak system. Are you using any speedhacks?

Try EE cycle rate hack first, and then maybe VU stealing. Try them one tick a time, then test, then try again.

What surprised me was why my Final Fantasy XII weren't having any problem at all..lowest fps i got from it was 57 fps..thanks for the tip..will try that later..i know my system is not ranked amongst the higher pc's out there but it still plays my games good though.. ^_^

(12-03-2013, 05:50 AM)strings29 Wrote: What surprised me was why my Final Fantasy XII weren't having any problem at all..lowest fps i got from it was 57 fps..thanks for the tip..will try that later..i know my system is not ranked amongst the higher pc's out there but it still plays my games good though.. ^_^

FFXII has really low demands except for some stuff in the quickenings. You can disable those effects if they cause you slowdown:

Config -> Video -> Plugin Settings

Tick the box by enable HW hacks

Click Configure by that.

Tick the box for Aggressive CRC.

That will help if you ever have any quickening related slowdown in FFXII.

For Persona 4, yeah try the speedhacks.

And btw, I wasn't trying to insult your system. The first time I used PCSX2 I was using a system weaker than that! I've only had my awesome rig for a few months.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
I had those same issues when I played Persona 4 on my notebook. It's especially noticeable when fighting the golden hand shadows or transparent ones. I don't think I ever found a solution for it and I haven't tried it on my much more powerful desktop yet.
Still the best solution i think would be to change my system or more or less my GPU..I haven't had problems during Quickenings on FFXII though..

(12-03-2013, 07:11 AM)strings29 Wrote: Still the best solution i think would be to change my system or more or less my GPU..I haven't had problems during Quickenings on FFXII though..

Both your CPU and GPU are holding you back. Some games are more CPU intensive, some games are more GPU intensive. Here are some lists that NarooN and I are in charge of:

The most CPU intensive games - by NarooN
The most GPU intensive games - by Blyss Sarania
(12-03-2013, 07:19 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Both your CPU and GPU are holding you back. Some games are more CPU intensive, some games are more GPU intensive. Here are some lists that NarooN and I are in charge of:

The most CPU intensive games - by NarooN
The most GPU intensive games - by Blyss Sarania

That is quite informative..thank you so much for sharing that..I think i may have to swap my old CPU for a friends Phenom II X4 sooner or later.. ^_^

Wow..i can't remember exactly what I did but now at idle times while playing the framerate just shoots so high that the game isn't really good now..it's getting too fast but when battles start the framerate still drops though

You probably turned the frame-limiter off. Press Tab. ^^