Games running slowly, and hitting a fork in the PS2 Start-up Screen
FINALLY!!! I get PCSX2 to work on my computer! I run a game, starts out as 30fps, not bad, not good but not bad, then it just goes straight down to 10-15fps. What would I need to make it run 50-60fps?

First, Specs!!
Graphics: ATI Radeon 2100
RAM: 3.0gb
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 62 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ 2.30GHz

Also, when it shows the PS2 Start-Up, it goes down and displays a message, please insert a Playstation disc or Playstation 2 Disc. I HAVE A DISC IN MY COMPUTER!! How do I bypass this and get straight into the game?

Sponsored links

1 - What game ?
2 - Your cpu & GPU a re weak anyways. Ty using speedhacks.
3 - Use File->run CD/DVD instead of Run-> execute
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yep your CPU is pretty weak for PCSX2. Smile
(06-20-2009, 08:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 1 - What game ?
2 - Your cpu & GPU a re weak anyways. Ty using speedhacks.
3 - Use File->run CD/DVD instead of Run-> execute

1. Kingdom Hearts (Played using the Disc, not an ISO)
2. Can't speedhacks break the disc?
3. I already do that
If you are worried about your discs, just make an image of it with Alcohol 120% for example. Works just like the original disc if you mount it on Daemon Tools or any similar virtual disc drive.
Break the disc? How can a program break a disc??? 0_o
Make an ISO,it will give you a speed boost. And no, don't mount the ISO it will cause crashes,instead simply run it directly with Linuz ISO plugin
Also use the latest beta PCSX2 and beta plugins for some extra speed.
And speed hacks (which at worse will crash the emulation,so then you can start turning them one by one off to see which cause it and leave those off)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-20-2009, 06:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: Break the disc? How can a program break a disc??? 0_o
Make an ISO,it will give you a speed boost. And no, don't mount the ISO it will cause crashes,instead simply run it directly with Linuz ISO plugin
And speed hacks (which at worse will crash the emulation,so then you can start turning them one by one off to see which cause it and leave those off)

I've heard that speedhacks can do something bad to discs. So I'll just make an ISO. Where can I download a free reliable program to do this? So I can have an ISO and still be able to play the disc on my PS2. And how much of a speed boost are we talking about using an ISO instead?
(06-20-2009, 06:29 PM)Bositman Wrote: Break the disc? How can a program break a disc??? 0_o

Good point Bosit, myself I've been mounting isos and never thought of using that plugin. Although I haven't experienced any crashes so far, and the plugin doesn't seem to like some of my isos.
(06-20-2009, 06:32 PM)jonXjon Wrote:

I've heard that speedhacks can do something bad to discs. So I'll just make an ISO. Where can I download a free reliable program to do this? So I can have an ISO and still be able to play the disc on my PS2. And how much of a speed boost are we talking about using an ISO instead?

google for ImgBurn or MagicIso for free options, Alcohol 120% if you want to buy one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-20-2009, 08:26 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(06-20-2009, 06:32 PM)jonXjon Wrote:

google for ImgBurn or MagicIso for free options, Alcohol 120% if you want to buy one.

How reliable is ImgBurn or MagicISO? And how easy are they to use?